DAYS: June Promo!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

Speculation is that Roark Critchlow was unavailable during the days the graveyard scenes were taped. This could possibly be due to the taping for his role on V. Per Jason47, all of his scenes were post taped and dropped in later.

• Administrator

It couldn't possibly be for "V". The show will premier sometime in November - no way they were taping episodes in May. Also, the show didn't know it was going to be picked up, so they were probably no scripts at the time too. Looking at IMDB, it looks like he was filming "Scavengers".

And DAYS had months to planned this! How could Mike Horton not be at the cemetery! I'm sure the episodes will be good, but there's already two strikes against this. <_< Maybe I expected TOO MUCH for the death/funeral of Alice Horton. I just wanted it to be perfect. :(

• Members

Great promo... until Hope uttered the most overused cliche in history... "all the days of our lives..."

We get it. It's the show's title. It's ceased being clever about 20 years ago. It made a really sweet moment into an eyeroller. It was like getting slapped over the head with a reminder of just how cheesy and bad soap writing can be these days.

• Members

I agree. That sounded cheesy and unnatural coming out of Kristian Alfonso's mouth.

Oh, and they're trashing the Horton house set after Alice's memorial. In the latest issue of SOD, Dena Higley says they're only salvaging the chair. The set can no longer be used because it was built "the old way." In other words, it's not cheap (looking) enough and they're not interested in re-building it "the new/cheap way." The chair will continue to be used in a really "profound" way though.

• Members

Good for you, but you're obviously not the other people in this thread that didn't know.

I don't see who the hell you think you are to be telling people how they should or shouldn't react. I wasn't going to say anything, but it's this type of thinking that pisses me off. You don't like the way people always react? Tough, deal with it. It's life.

People have their reasons for watching and not watching a show, and none of them owe you any type of explanation, but you already knew this, right?

• Members

For the record, I'm all for reserving judgment until something airs. However, when you consider that funerals for longstanding soap character is the norm for all the soaps, and for it to take place off-camera for Alice friggin' Horton, I don't understand how people should be expected to react rationally.

DAYS, more than any other soap really, has made a mockery out of death and funerals, to have dozens of people later come back from the dead. Francis Reid is dead and there will be no return for Alice. So, it does seem quite strange and frankly unacceptable that for such an important character, they'll skip her funeral.

I'm sure they'll be nice tributes at her grave site, but it will be jarring to know that the audience wasn't let into her funeral and the show just skipped right though it.

• Members

Now see, that's just a perfect example of how little respect this cow has for her audience. Why was it necessary to say anything at all? Couldn't they just do it and never say anything to anyone? It would take years for anyone to notice, as rarely as they show it now, and if they ever decided to show it again, they could assemble something close enough.

To go out of her way to tell the fans they are destroying the Horton house is stupid and insensitive. What an idiot.

• Members

Well, for the record, I don't know if they're actually destroying it.

Here's the exact quote...

What will become of Alice's living room set? Says, Higley, "We were talking about it the other day because the Horton living room set is built in the old way and it takes up too much space, not the way they build sets anymore. We were like, 'Well, what do we do with that?' And one of my writers said, 'They should put in in the Smithsonian,' and that's how we feel about that." Her chair, however, isn't going anywhere. "We'll always have the chair. We'll do something profound with it."

Translation: "We don't give a damn what happens to it as long as it's no longer taking up space here. We'll keep the chair though."

This show is so damn cheap. Not only is Alice not getting a funeral (an abomination which reeks of "let's just put her in the ground already"), we're losing the Horton house. Why can't they re-build it the "new/cheap way" and have Maggie move in? As active as Maggie has been in story, I'm sure the set would get lots of use.

Archived