“Disney Junior” Replaces SOAPnet in 2012

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awwwww...what a shame!! **chuckles** When networks start looking at cost reduction initiatives...s*** happens!! :lol: If only SoapNet was making lots more money vs. losing. Disney did themselves a favor and this should have happened a long time ago IMO.

• Members

Marty West IN as nuBilly Abbott! Aubrey Dollar IN as nuHeather Stephens! Lindsay McKeon IN as nuMac!

Van Hansis IN as nuNoah Newman! Yani Gellman signed to a five year contract as Rafe Torres! [Jamey Giddens]ROAH![/Jamey Giddens]

Abby Newman Designs! Fashion show in Times Square NYC set to Lady Gaga's The Fame album! Locked into an airtight deal where the songs cannot be replaced in international syndication or domestic re-airings! But, instead of an on-location shoot, Conboy clears out both Y&R soundstages to create NYC for one episode! Skyscrapers and all with real cars and tons of shirtless gay male extras. And he flies Michael Bloomberg to LA, puts him up in a hotel and pays him an obscene amount of money to appear in one episode.

Maria/Hogan/Hamner OUT! Ellen Weston IN!

• Members

I don't know all the figures and facts behind the scenes when it comes to ad revenue and all that jazz, but I do wonder what some of these other obscure cable networks do to support themselves. Surely if they reformatted Soapnet into something new, something that gets its financial support from wherever cheap cable networks get their money from, they could re-air all the soaps as they do now, and fill the other hours with classic soaps, much like they used to, only do NOT EXPECT MIRACLES. Let it be a haven for octogenarians to re-watch that sexy John Forsythe battle over 2 menopausal ladies in Denver or a bunch of Irish-Catholic peeps in New York City having romances in mustard-colored living rooms. Don't expect it to be a hit, but let the few and proud out there enjoy their soaps and the soaps of yesteryear.

• Members

:P:P Music to my ears.

Now here's a novel idea, if the damn bloody show was racking in the ratings, viewers and decent s/ls, maybe, maybe just maybe this wouldn't happen. I would like to believe that the CBS executives have faith that MAB & her motley crew will do such a bang-up job of making this show good again since MAB thinks she is so great at all. Sadly I don't think they do. Which corporation continues to pay extra for a sh***y product. But I love that MAB thinks she is so great. :rolleyes:

Archived