Article about the OLTL musical posted on Gawker.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally disagree with the article. Its just a fun little 3 day event, they are blowing it out proportion. The stuff going on at Y&R is way worse than the musical. I enjoyed the hair salon number as well. Its my favorite so far.

And I didnt appreciate them calling my Roxy a drag queen. <_<

• Members

Other than calling Ilene a drag queen, I can't throw enough ITAs at that article. Instead of being another "Who cares? Those things are still on?" article, the writer here actually acknowledges that soaps can still have some value in them. And that last line is gold!

• Members

I've actually made a point of avoiding any clips of this musical because it wasn't something I wanted taking up space in my head but I finally clicked on that one. Sweet holy...that was 45 seconds of hurt. I don't even want to know how much coke RC and FV had to snort for this to seem like a good idea.

Let them bitches die indeed.

ETA: I love the commenter who said they want to know what David Sedaris thinks of this. :lol:

• Members

No, it is as awful as this site pointed out. It was painful to try and make it through that clip.

If you are gonna do a stunt and rip off something already done, do it right. Hello GH's Train Crash, Hotel Fire, Metro Court... even Strangers on a Train.

• Members

OLTL is downright horrible. An awful pitiful mess and its a shame just how bad its become. This musical only epitomizes just how misguided the soap is and what a mess it is. I cant even call it a hot mess bc theres nothing hot about it

• Members

I have to agree what I saw on Friday was actually awful. I didn't realize what a great voice Mark Lawson had but other than that I thought it was unwatchable. I just recently put OLTL back in my DVR after the KISH debacle and I must say nothing has piqued my interest except for the eye-candy the show provides. Just really SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I... might be on crack, but I watched the clip on the Gawker page, and I didn't think it was particularly horrible or offensive. No, this isn't going to save soaps, but as a fun, one-off thing? Enh. Seems to be one of the less offensive things about OLTL in recent months.

I'll duck your tomatoes now.

• Members

Specialty episodes are fine and they aren't the problem with soaps, the writing in the regular episodes is. One Life to Live has always had quirky episodes, way back to when Viki first went to heaven, so it's not like this is just something they did out the blue. I thought the musical was fun and put together well.

• Members

I think the musical was fun for some people and that's cool, it just wasn't for me. What made something like Heaven so special was that it was both viually stunning and character driven. We delved into Viki's psyche, got answers to some unanswered questions, I mean, Viki "on trial" at the counsel was like real theatre, those scenes with Niki and Victor. The musical is bubblegum to Heaven's steak, and I like bubblegum but this show needs to focus on cooking up those good old-fashioned steak dinners.

Archived