Harry's Law: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

HARRY’S LAW - Episode Information and Ratings (Numbers are from Nielsen Media Research)

Live+7 Total Viewers = Live Viewers + DVR playback up to 7 days later (Live + 7)

Live+SD Total Viewers = Live Viewers + Same Day DVR playback (Live + Same Day)

Live Total Viewers = Live Viewers

18-49 = Live + SD Numbers

Season 1

Timeslot: Monday at 10pm

Episode 1.1: "Pilot"

Air Date: January 17, 2011

Written By: David E. Kelley

Directed By: Bill D'Elia

Live+7 Total Viewers: 13.21 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 11.07 million

18-49: 2.2/6

18-49 Live+7:

Episode 1.2: "Heat of Passion"

Air Date: January 24, 2011

Live+7 Total Viewers: 12.78 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 10.43 million

18-49: 2.1/6

18-49 Live+7: 2.7

Episode 1.3: "The Innocent Man"

Air Date: January 31, 2011

Directed By: Stephen Cragg

Live+7 Total Viewers: 13.32 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 11.02 million

18-49: 2.1/6

18-49 Live+7: 2.6

Episode 1.4: "Wheels of Justice"

Air Date: February 7, 2011

Directed By: Jeff Bleckner

Live+7 Total Viewers: 11.31 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 9.22 million

18-49: 1.7/5

18-49 Live+7:

Episode 1.5: "A Day in the Life"

Air Date: February 14, 2011

Written By: David E. Kelley & Chris Ambrose

Directed By: Jonathan Pontell

Live+7 Total Viewers: 10.74 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 8.51 million

18-49 Live+7:

Episode 1.6: "Bangers in the House"

Air Date: February 21, 2011

Written By: David E. Kelley & Lawrence Broch

Directed By: Mike Listo

Live+7 Total Viewers: 10.70 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 8.75 million

18-49 Live+7:

Episode 1.7: "American Dreamers"

Air Date: February 28, 2011

Written By: David E. Kelley & Lawrence Broch

Directed By: Steve Robin

Live+7 Total Viewers: 11.68 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 9.20 million

18-49: 1.8/5

18-49 Live+7: 2.3

Episode 1.8: "In The Ghetto"

Air Date: March 7, 2011

Written By: David E. Kelley & Susan Dickes

Directed By: Arlene Sanford

Live+7 Total Viewers: 11.86 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 9.59 million

18-49 Live+7: 2.3

Episode 1.9: "The Fragile Beast"

Air Date: March 14, 2011

Written By: David E. Kelley & Susan Dickes

Directed By: Tom Verica

Live+7 Total Viewers: 12.19 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 10.16 million

18-49 Live+7: 2.2

Episode 1.10: "Send In The Clowns"

Air Date: March 21, 2011

Directed By: Michael Pressman

Live+7 Total Viewers: 10.55 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 8.43 million

18-49: 1.6/5

Episode 1.11: "With Friends Like These..."

Air Date: March 28, 2011

Live+7 Total Viewers: 11.10 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 8.54 million

18-49: 1.6/4

Episode 1.12: "Last Dance"

Air Date: April 4, 2011

Written By: David E. Kelley & Chris Ambrose

Directed By: Mike Listo

Live+7 Total Viewers: 10.31 million

Live+SD Total Viewers: 7.75 million

18-49: 1.4/3

18-49 Live+7: 1.9

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

www.nbcumv.com

Emmy Award-winning creator David E. Kelley ("The Practice," "Boston Legal") brings his unique storytelling to "Harry's Law," a series about fate and the people it brings together, starring Academy Award winner Kathy Bates ("Misery," "About Schmidt").

Harriet (Bates), Matthew (Ben Chaplin, "Me and Orson Welles") and Malcolm (Aml Ameen, "Kidulthood") couldn't be any more different. Harriet is a curmudgeonly ex-patent lawyer who, having just been fired from her cushy job, is completely disillusioned with her success and looking for a fresh start. Her world unexpectedly collides with Malcolm's -- a young man trying to figure out life. When he finds out Harriet is a lawyer, he begs her to represent him in an upcoming criminal case. Matthew, a dreamer at heart and also recently fired from his job as a high school teacher, is introduced to Harriet through Malcolm, a previous student of his. When these three cross paths, they realize they're all looking for a fresh start. Now, the most unlikely of people are starting a law practice in the most unlikely of places -- a rundown shoe store. "Harry's Law" also stars Brittany Snow ("Hairspray") as Harriet's assistant, Jenna Backstrom and Beatrice Rosen ("Dark Knight") as Eve, a high school French teacher.

"Harry's Law" is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with David E. Kelley Productions and Warner Bros. Television. David E. Kelley ("Boston Legal," "The Practice") and Bill D'Elia ("Boston Legal," "The Practice") serve as executive producers. D'Elia also serves as director.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Wow, I loved it! More than I expected, even!

I'm not sure why critics didn't like it. I mean, if they tuned in expecting a traditional law show, of course they're gonna be pissed. But that's not what this is, nor how it was advertised.

I, for one, have been thinking that medical/law shows have been SO overdone the past few years, so this is a GREAT twist to all of that. A comedic law show. I love it. "Harriet's Law and Fine Shoes"!

Kathy Bates is great, per usual. I enjoyed the whole cast. Love Brittany Snow, too.

• Members

The show did pretty good last night!

It averaged 11.04 million viewers for the hour, which is phenomenal for NBC! It averaged a 2.1 for the hour (2.2 in the first half hour, 2.1 in the second)....So, if this was ABC/NBC that would be pretty bad...But it was solid for NBC. And hopefully that will go up.

• Members

It was very entertaining. Different from anything else on TV, really.

I usually watch Castle too. I wasn't aware it was a repeat. I just DVRd it, because I wanted to give this show a chance (due to my love for Kathy Bates). So in future weeks, I will just alternate which I watch live, which I DVR i suppose.

Also, CBS airs "Hawaii Five-0" Monday's at 10 PM. Harry's Law outdid it in Total Viewers, but H50 had higher demos (2.9 vs. 2.2)

• Administrator

Have you ever watched David E. Kelley's other comedic law shows (Ally McBeal and Boston Legal)? If you like this show then I think you'll like those shows. :)

I like the cast too. Love Brittany of course. :wub: She's so cute and bubbly. I've always liked Nate Corddry ever since he was on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

From the promos and description of the show, I didn't think it would have that DEK quirk, that DEK comedy style...but I was mistaken.

That "this whole court is out of order" scene was hilarious. And the show had at least one typcial weird character - this time was the D.A. who repeated words. Man, I sure missed DEK's comedy. LOL

I also missed DEK's closing arguements. He always writes the best closings. I really liked Harry's closing in the first. Oh, another thing I missed - DEK's liberal agenda! Loved the mention of the Conservative party being overrun by the likes the of Rush Limbaugh.

• Members

Yes! I didn't catch much Ally McBeal during it's run on TV, but I have seen a lot of it online. I really love Calista, so that's what got me into it. I also loved Boston Legal! I watched it pretty faithfully for a while, and still catch the syndication/online sometimes!

Yes, Brittany is great. She's so cute and loveable in any role she plays. And Kathy Bates has always been one of my favorite actresses. In fact, I've never seen her in anything I DIDN'T like her in....Yes, I loved Nate on Studio60 on the Sunset Strip!...I didn't think anyone else remembered that show, LOL!

I thought the same thing. From the promos, it looked like it was going to be a law show with a little bit of humor in it. But it turned out to be a humor show with a little bit of law in it, really! LOL I loved the DA. He and Kathy Bates played off each other so well, especially when she was mocking him!

The closings were GREAT! He has always been good at those. Harry's closing was really, really good. Very moving. I couldn't believe the jury still found him guilty after THAT! LOL

• Administrator

Thomas Jefferson was hilarious: "My office is lit for press conferences.....on, off, on, off, on, off...." And his slideshow/pictures of him with famous and/or powerful people like Roger Federer, Mark Cuban, Obama, George W. Bush. :lol:

I'm glad the baby case is going to the State Supreme Court because I want to hear more arguments about it.

The other case about the old lady charged with armed robbery was interesting too. I just think it's sad that the poorer get poorer and the richer and richer.

The main characters aren't as kooky as the Ally McBeal characters.

Archived