Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Members

PREACH IT!

This whole thing is much bigger than Victoria Rowell, and you describe that perfectly in your post.

**time out** Excuse me for my rant and I'm nowhere near as eloquent as others here, and I don't particularly care to join in on any debates, but here goes ... **okay**

It's just that she's about the only one willing to speak out on the racism that is prevalent in Daytime. I guess that makes a lot of people uncomfortable to hear. As a result, she's been labeled "crazy-this" and "crazy-that," or accused of "playing the victim." But please tell me how many victims have had the opportunity to create one of the most popular, longest running, frequently front-burner characters in daytime? You think if she "stayed in her place" that the Winter's would have been as prevalent as they were when she was on there? What happened to them after she left? That's what her willingness to speak up has done for her and her co-stars. No. She's no victim.

And good for her for calling out some people. What the hell does she have to lose? We pretty much know that Dru is all but dead to TPTB and Daytime is almost a fading memory. And I'm pretty sure those people haven't exactly been afraid to speak their mind about her all over and around that set. So screw 'em. And screw Daytime!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe what she is saying is true. Because, what I see is happening right now. Y&R is racist & a piece of crap right now. & when Y&R goes off the air. Where is that HS click going to be then? They won't need the cast to vote for somebody getting the Emmy nom or to let somebody come back on the show. They all be out of work.

• Members

i'm not sure about all characters, SFK... but Brenda told me herself that Lynx coat was a fake. She HATED it... she's a girl who likes the real thing. And seeing how it looked like something out of a dumpster in the late 90's and early 2000's on Jess, that tells you right there it wasn't real. The real thing would still look fabulous after 30 or 40 years. I thought the Lynx coat was pretty at first, Brenda described it as a "cotton ball". As for Rowell...I love those tweets, because they TITTILATE me. It's fun to watch sassy women running with scissors. I think most people's criticizms of her approach just think that if she's seen as a complainer, a race baiter, a pain in the ass, or difficult, it may cost her work in the future. And I assume that she's willing to live with that.. so it's all good. And some actresses her age, such as Telma Hopkins can ALWAYS get work. I mean, that woman hasn't been OFF of Network TV since July 1974. So it's all a big fat mystery as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

There's nothing wrong with telling what went on behind the scenes. This is how I see it and I know some are going to disagree, but I'm going to say it anyway. I think Rowell went to work and put herself on the same level as her other co-workers, which is what fueled tension. Sometimes when a person of color has that sort of attitude, it puts off a lot of people and is labeled uppity. Daytime has never been equal for minorities and when it comes to minority actors, the status quo is for them to accept no more than second or third tier status and if anyone tries to breakthrough that, they get blasted. Everyone has a place in Daytime and stepping out of that place sets off problems.

• Members

^^Amen Redd. Whether it's in business, education, or even social circles, there have always been people of the majority who treat those of minorities like they should just feel lucky to "be at the party" so to speak.

Alpha, I don't disagree with you about Brenda's fake lynx. :lol: I was just saying that the belly coat Jess has in that scene I mentioned above is very much a real one.

• Members

This is completely disturbing to me.

1) Because I believe what she is saying to be true.

and

2) Because Victoria is INSANE for throwing this on TWITTER!?!?!?! This is a damn page turner of a socially relevant/yet dishy book- and she is wasting this story as a series of Twitter messages?

What is wrong with her? And I guess if it wasn't official before, it is certainly official now that there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of Victoria returning to Y&R (and she obviously knew this before posting these messages and certainly knows it now)

Archived