Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Members

Man, I really don't care about what you learned from your professors and what-not. That's between you and them. None of my teachers in high school or college ever made me believe any of the above. So...um, yeah. I like to think that I have a very objective view of the world. Some may disagree, but I hold firm in my belief.

But my question is who in the world are you to dismiss anybody's claims when you're not them at all and have no idea whether or not what they're saying is legit? You don't have to endorse it or agree with it or even accept it. But what gives you the right to say that it's wrong?

This is just my take on it, but I feel that in your disillusion with what your professors wanted you to believe, you've convinced yourself that the above circumstances are rare. Which they are not. At all. So dismissing complaints based on those circumstances is just ridiculous.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You betcha!!

Here's how it goes when you want "diversity" in soaps: give them (non-whites) an inch, they want the entire highway. If they don't get it, they will stamp their feet, kick and scream the R-bomb until some knight-in-armour TV whoever comes to their rescue. This is the way it is in this day and age.

It's called freedom of speech.

• Members

Here's the thing.. on daytime television as a whole you have:

Oprah Winfrey

Sherri Shepherd

Robin Roberts

Al Roker

Wayne Brady

Judge Mathis

Wendy Williams

A minimum of 3 black characters on every soap (Except B&B)

Judge Joe Brown

(Recently left) Montel Williams

(Recently left) Tyra Banks

Whoopi Goldberg

Judge Lynn toler (Divorce court)

Debbye Turner Bell

Dr. Lisa Masterson

So nobody can look at the glass half full here? Counting the soap characters that gives you over 30 black faces on daytime TV... Can you name ANY black personalities on daytime in 1975? (Besides Bill Cosby and Don Cornelius on Saturday mornings)What HUGE strides this represents.

• Members

I don't see as one other co-star making a complaint a "vicious cycle". And I never said her claim wasn't valid, I just said that I don't believe racism to be the ENTIRE reason for her problems. I simply think she's overly DRAMATIC and excessively whiny. That's not how a PROFESSIONAL behaves. But that's how a hot mess behaves, and thank God, because it gives me many a kee-cackle and boundless entertainment value.

• Members

what do ya mean? What's wrong with Oprah and Dr. Lisa? Wendy is a hot mess, but she's FUN with a capital F. And what problem do you have with Sherri, Whoopi and Al Roker? If you don't like these people, who would pass muster for you? Can I have some examples?

• Members

That list shows that some genres in daytime TV appreciate their audience which is why they're thriving and daytime soaps are failing. If minorities are a large part of the audience, how hard is it to create one family out of four or five that is black or hispanic or asian? It's not hard...

• Members

Never in any of my posts about Victoria and/or race have I EVER said that or anything like it.

Directly or indirectly.

As usual you are hearing what you want to hear, skewing what actually WAS said & throwing temper tantrums cause you can't control the narrative with your bigotry.

It's not on yours either.

Yet it doesn't stop you from acting like a Martyr.

+1.

BASICALLY!

Now Now bellcurve! Don't be "hyperemotional!" :lol:

LOL

Poor thing.

Can't even deal with your pseudonyms let alone your pathology.

Archived