Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HELL YES IT MATTERS DUDE!

Because THAT is the reason why soap audiences are dwindling.

People are fed up with the sh*t that passes for entertainment from this genre of television. Soaps used to thrive on emotional storytelling through its believable plots and characterization.

People like YOU and attitudes like YOURS are why people in charge of these shows and people outside of daytime think we're all a bunch of idiots who don't understand the business and should just accept any piece of sh*t that passes for story on these shows. Completely, utterly pathetic.

Instead of wondering where the hidden liberal agenda was in your college courses, maybe you should have actually paid attention.

• Members

There was more to Generations than the Maya/Doreen catfight, beautifully written by Michele ValJean. That one awesome catfight does not represent the show as a whole, which was a steaming pile of boring sh*t which made Loving look like L.A. Law in comparison.

• Members

I'm not one to argue with one's personal taste. (Not even if the show-in-question is PASSIONS. Okay, I take that back about PASSIONS. That show was just offensive to me, no matter how you slice it.) If you enjoyed GENERATIONS, or what you saw of it online, that's great. However, I think even AA audiences largely shunned it, b/c the writing and production values were abominable.

• Members

But Khan, consider this. This was the first time a daytime drama REALLY went the extra mile to cater to the black viewership, and then they get kicked in the teeth for it. And you all wonder why soaps don't spend enough time on black SL's? Maybe they don't want to cater to a segment of the audience that will turn on them in a hot minute, and is never even "appreciative", let alone SATISFIED with what they do. Hell, TYLER FREAKIN PERRY can't even get his just respect with the black viewership.

• Members

LOL!! I'm actually shocked you didn't insert the tired, old "You must be a right-wing Christian homophobic hater from the Midwest who watches Fox News and Nascar and eats pork rinds for breakfast."

And by the way, dearie, I had more important things to occupy my time instead of fretting over who was behind that darn hidden liberal agenda in college.

• Members
I don't judge people who are Republicans, Christians, Midwesterners, Fox News Fans, Nascar Fanatics, or Pork Rind Eaters.

I do judge those who flame and troll message boards with their cheap racist views and controversy instead of actually engaging in a discussion about them. I mean, it IS a message board, right.

You could have fooled me.

Archived