Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: So I guess Rowell should be omniscient and be able to tell everybody else's POV, too? Or perhaps you're the omniscient one? If the other Y&R actors/people choose not to tell their side of the story, then that's their choice, unfortunately for some, I guess.

• Members

Your'e such a hoot :lol: I know you can't handle those of us who are post-racial, but it's ok baby... step out into the sunshine. The utter shock you exhibited when I told you my best friend is black told me everyhting I needed to know. Truly being judged on the content of your CHARACTER is not so bad. notice I said content of your CHARACTER, not your WORK ETHIC. There are gripy bitchy people all over this world with bad attitudes that can do WONDERFUL work. And my opinion is that this is what wer'e dealing with here, for the most part. Notice I NEVER said that racism didn't exist in this case, I just said I doubted that it was ENTIRELY to blame. Most things in life are not that clear cut, you know. And Kahn.... I've never heard of "Sassy" being a divisive racial adjective, is this a difference in the region wer'e from? Generation gap? but whatever, you've read enough of my posts to know my intentions are honorable, "sassy" is just a term I just use for somebody who's mouthy in an entertaining way. Nothing more to it than that.

• Members

Isn't MTS notorious for being a bitch behind the scenes? Or, at least, a very unfriendly type? I remember a quote from someone else describing her as, "She prefers to keep her social life and business life separate," or something like that.

What else is there for her to say? "Oh, but then everyone talked about it, and we decided it was all a big misunderstanding, and then we all sat around eating brownies and watching Brenda Dickson clips."

If there is another side of the story, then the people who are on that side should speak up if they prefer for it to be heard. Until then, VR's stated her side, so what else is she supposed to do?

And I still don't get this "destruction" thing. Nobody gives a flying F about daytime, much less the fact that someone's calling out TPTB at one of the soaps.

• Members

Post Racial. Bigotry.

Tomato. Tomahtoe.

Shock?

LMAO.

Have a seat.

Seeing as you know nothing that must have been quite a leap.

Sure isn't.

But when you conveniently bypass 500+ years of systematic oppression of Minorities (the consequences of which still exist) to imply everyone is "on an equal playing field" is naive at best & willfully ignorant at worst.

Sure are.

And those that are the right color are "eccentric" instead of "crazy".

Actually it isn't.

Especially since most of her co workers that look like her have expressed similar sentiments.

Racism in a Post Racial World?

[Katherine Chancellor] Dear God In Heaven [/Katherine Chancellor]

Right.

Again it's convenient how "equality" & "personal responsibility" only applies when Minorities get too Uppity.

Usually they are.

But then again you hipsters love your precious "irony".

• Members

That's the crux of your problem, you think i'm implying things. I DON'T imply, I say what I mean. PERIOD. And the whole point is one MUST bypass something to GET PAST IT. But some people want to use it as a crutch for their entire lives to assuage their own shortcomings.

White actors aren't lablelled as "Crazy"?

Brenda Dickson

Sean Young

Valerie Harper

Delta Burke

Danny Bonaduce

Robert Downey, Jr.

Mickey Rourke

Russell Brand

BRITNEY FREAKING SPEARS

I didn't say the world was post racial, I said *I* was. Read the sentences, honey.

• Members

Let's also keep in mind, there are two kinds of "crazy"... there is the "Robin Williams", "Steve Martin", "Britney Spears" crazy... and then there is the "Sybil", "Patty Hearst", "Charles Manson" kind of crazy. I'm certianly not suggesting Rowell is the latter when I say "Crazy". She's crazy in the way I like, that juicy, gossipy, entertaining way.

• Members

Big fail! When she says Billy Bell she isn't talking about William J., who this blogger contends has been a long-time producer. :wacko: Unless Maria's somehow resurrected him too (presumably to tell everyone how alike their storytelling ideas are)... then the WSJ blog should stick to wall street and leave California alone.

• Members

Which is ridiculous because they won't actually investigate it. They'll just pass it along because it's an interesting tidbit on a slow news day. Eh. Throwing in the "her character was killed off" bit is supposed to solicit comments like "Oh, she's just angry she was killed off!!! HAHA Silly soap stars! It's like a real life soap on there!!! I haven't watched soaps since 1983."

• Members

DeeeDee,

Your rebuttals to alphanguy are the classic hallmarks of a hyperemotional, wave the race/sex card at every opportunity, objectivally-defunct whiner.

Although I don't post here every minute on the minute, I have read enough threads here to make me realize that when it comes to anything socially relevant, I can't help but think in my mind that so many of you are spewing what your Black/Women's/Gender Studies professors crammed down your throats without end in high school and beyond.

• Members

Again.

Before you attempt to tell people their problems deal with your own bigotry.

No you don't.

Cause if you did you would own it.

Which is convenient for those who didn't have to go through anything.

LMAO

And some people want to bypass 500+ years of systematic institutional racism (like you) cause they can't deal otherwise.

LMAO.

Now you're just reaching.

LOL.

Again.

Post Racial. Bigot.

Same thing.

Don't ask what you can't do yourself.

But then again you can't even deal with your pseudonyms. :lol:

Archived