Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And when the likes of CICLEY TYSON, ANGELA BASSETT, ALFRE WOODARD, WHOOPI GOLDBERG & KATHY BATES (for starters) are working in Tyler Perry movies?

It pretty much says it all. :lol:

Is the Eric Roberts Slumming Debate still raging?

• Members

Right. She's not an idiot. She knows good and well that her "big black mouth" will get her into "trouble". Why can't more people see that for the valiant act that it is opposed to just dismissing her as batshit or self-defeating? Her argument's only weakness is that she is sadly the lone voice. It is SO much more to her than pout and smear. Her hope is that TIIC will be shamed by the truth and wake the [!@#$%^&*] up and that what's left of the oh-so loyal audience (of all colors, but the black audience in particular) will see just what they're being so loyal to. She's financially comfortable but more than that brave enough to say whatever the hell she wants to say, what a good many of other actors of color would love to say if they weren't afraid of going on the list. This is so beyond worrying about landing the next gig.

• Members

True.

Judging from some of the comments I saw on her Twitter, I just think that some people have a hard time understanding that there are people in Hollywood who actually stand for something and they will say what needs to be said whether that makes them popular or not. She could speak out and be unemployed or she could sit back silently and be unemployed. Just because things don't look like they're changing doesn't mean that they won't someday, and if daytime never learns the lesson, then no better for it as it's crumbling before our very eyes anyway. VR needs to be EPing her own projects.

• Members

It is? unsure.gif An actress which isn't working doesn't have a problem? Who spends the little money she accumulated in this economy and not making any more? I dunno. mellow.gif

I think you are romanticzing her and her tweets. But that is just my opinion. I am sure the villagers will come with the torches and claim I do not like Rowell and support racism in Genoa City.

Archived