Victoria Rowell: "Debbi Morgan wanted to come to Y&R"

• Members

:lol: That's funny, Jess did get to infamously toss that real lynx belly coat (one of the most expensive furs) on sick, sleeping Katherine in that classic Christmas ep. Y&R stopped using real fur in the early '90s I believe, Tracey Bregman mentioned this in an interview, how their show was perhaps the first to take that stand.

Yeah, I can't see them vying for the same garments, just similar wardrobe budgets. I'd agree that MTS with her seniority would deserve it more but, a. not for Nikki to just be sitting around the ranch when Dru was a model/mini-mogul, and b. not if Dru's slinky caucasian counterparts of less years were getting preferential wardrobe treatment as well.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They can't even dress her anymore.

There used to be a time when Y&R understood each character & dressed them accordingly.

Now Jess runs around in wrap camisoles, Judith Chapman hasn't met an animal print she didn't like & if I see Tracey Bregman in another low cut top it will be too soon.

• Members

Big f*cking sh!t of a deal! She raises issues! No sh!t!!! It's so easy to raise issues, you have no idea. The problem is raising them won't solve them. Nor will it be a step in the right direction because no one gives a f*ck. Everyone will collect the paycheck, play the sh!tty part they've been given and wait for the imminent end. Which can't come too soon.

• Members

Right.

So if Victoria wants to spill the beans about crap treatment in Genoa simply for sh!ts and giggles and to spread the word, there's not a ding dang diddly thing wrong with it.

Because ranches are in Texas. Which is near Mexico. Where the Mexicans are. Victor's very serious about his role playing. Miguel was more than just a servant. He was a part of the fam---furniture.

• Members

I said that previously: the giggles is the only thing they cause. And damage her. It's so easy to spin it into Victoria Rowell is batshit crazy! because there's nothing for the spin doctor to do. It just stares right there at you.

So giggles are fine if she knows it's just gonna bring her nothing good.

• Members

But hasn't she been saying not-so-nice things about Y&R almost since the minute Dru went over the cliff? She's been doing okay for herself since then. As long as she's not dependent on daytime, she'll be okay no matter what. She'll continue to be a "name" in the black community.

• Members

I like her. I really, really do. But at the same time I can see the tweets as absolutely crazy.

Is she doing OK? I don't think so... She seems angry, depressed and not being able to let go. IMDB lists her as a guest star on Ghost Whisperer after Y&R, and that's kind of it (there's also Wendy and one other thing). That's not good.

I just think, like bellcurve, she shouldn't do it this way. She chose the wrong platform, in my opinion. And by writing some fictional diva memoir which isn't fictional at all is not the way to do it either. If Melodia did something, say it was Melodia. Not Giuseppina Albertina of Abruzzo and Molise.

• Members

No you don't.

You just want to apply your hipster irony to another situation where it doesn't belong.

She's perfectly fine.

Don't confuse JUSTIFIED anger & speaking out with "not being able to let go".

If she wasn't able to "let go" SHE WOULD STILL BE THERE.

And yet plenty of actresses of EVERY COLOR her age & older (especially WOC) have a hard time finding work.

So trying the "she isn't working" strawman as a measure of her post Y&R success doesn't work.

Especially when she has a very successful book she's been promoting as well as continuing to work as an advocate for foster children as she always has.

No.

You don't.

What you're trying to do (and failing miserably at) & what bellcurve said are two totally different things.

SHE'S NOT HELPING RACIST PEOPLE NOT BE RACIST!

WITCHCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Platforms don't matter when those that can change the system won't.

But it DOES give voice to those who didn't have one & open doors for those who are in similar situations.

But wait weren't you the one just putting emphasis on "letting go" if "letting go" is SO important why does she NEED to say ANYONE did ANYTHING.

Your "cutting edge" logic doesn't hold up Sylph.

As usual.

• Members

Yeah, for real. Actresses take breaks and do other things. Considering Victoria left Y&R herself, I doubt she was looking for heavy acting jobs in the last couple of years. She's busy with other things. A book, charities, getting married, she still has a teenage son who needs raising, etc. Acting credits don't equate success.

Archived