AMC: Tuesday May 4, 2010

• Members

I remember everything about early Janet! LOL. I remember we first heard her on the telephone... but they only showed her hands twisting the phone cord while speaking to Nat. She said her husband , Axel Green, was abusing her and she wanted to "get away" and visit Pine Valley. She also mentioned that she had kids (2 sons, I think) with Axel, but this was later forgotten. I loved her first scene -- where we actually got a glimse of her, showing up at the Chandler Mansion (which Nat got after she divorced Adam. BTW, does anyone remember where Adam lived during the time Natalie owned the mansion? I don't remember. The Valley Inn?).

Yes, Janet's hair was a rat's nest when she first showed up! Haha.

It also took me time to realize that it wasKate Collins playing the role.

And, yes -- Nat and Janet are NOT twins (as many believe). Nat was a year older.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm, I don't remember where Adam lived though a suite at The Valley Inn sounds plausible. Maybe he had an apartment in town? I recall a scene where he was threatening Natalie by picking up that French Princess phone at his mansion and asking the operator to connect him to Dorian Lord at The Intruder, and I want to say that that was after Natalie had moved out and was living with Trevor at their place. I guess that was around '91 because Dorian had come in '90 and Natalie and Trevor were living in their house before Kate left in '92 right? My memory is foggy, where was she when she was blinded and burned and became Melody? I can see the promos where somebody was carrying Natalie who was knocked out and I clearly remember Melody's first scene with bandages over her eyes in the hospital bed. (She's in one of my favorite childhood movies, Speed Zone! :lol: ).

BTW, I watched an episode of Geraldo back then which was about children of celebrities and Kate was on the panel as the daughter of astronaut Michael Collins. I can't believe she was only 27 when she started AMC!

• Members

Here's a recap of Jonathan Kinder's bio from Soapcentral. This happens to be my favorite soap storyline. It explains how the women became connected

He was recommended to Erica by Olga to prescribe painkillers to her for her back pain He knowingly gave Erica too many drugs, to make her dependent on him. After aiding in the demise of Erica's marriage, he brainwashed her into a short affair before realizing that he had to get her the help she needed at Betty Ford. He has had a past affair with Liza Colby that has led to his blackmailing her for money he needs in order to continue some type of illegal activity with his cohort Christopher. The root of the blackmail is that Liza believes that she was responsible for the death of Jonathan's wife, Toni. Secretly, Toni is alive and being kept in a drug-induced stupor in an unknown hiding place. Janet Green came to work for Kinder and soon found out about the woman that he was keeping drugged. She blackmailed Kinder into finding her a plastic surgeon for her own scheme by telling him she had a safe deposit box containing incriminating evidence against him that would be opened upon her death. Kinder kidnapped Janet and held her in a room next to Toni's in the same drug-induced stupor. He found her key to the safe deposit box and has blackmailed Liza into impersonating Janet to retrieve its contents. Jonathan was on the run from the police after Marian helped him escape from the hospital were he was recuperating from a beating at the hands of Dimitri Marick. Later Jonathan kidnapped Bianca in an effort to obtain money by blackmailing Erica for the safe return of her daughter. Janet and Erica figured out who the kidnapper was and inadvertently tracked him down. As they rushed in to save Bianca, Bianca pushed Jonathan down the staircase. He hit his head several times and was "killed" instantly. Jonathan was later tracked down in St. Justin by Marian Colby.

When Marian learned that Jonathan's romantic interests were just a ploy to swindle her out of her fortune, Marian called Erica, Skye, and Janet, The three women flew to the island paradise and flew Jonathan back to Pine Valley where he was promptly arrested and sent to a Pennsylvania correctional facility.

http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/whoswho/jonathan.php

• Members

I was only 12 when it happend, and new to soaps, but even I knew it was just an AWFUL recast (as much as i kinda liked the Carter Jones story--partly for getting me into Loving). Of course pretty soon after they had another one I hated nearly as much when that AW actor became the new Brian Bodine--again it was like a completely difference character.

I liked today's episode. Not great script, but I thought it was still amazing how they went from totally loony, wisecracking Janet to one you really felt for within 30 mins.

I remember Wilma and her being awful--very abusive but I actually think I have her mixed up in part with Gloria's super religious abusive mom (based on Carrie I suspect)--the stories musta somewhat played around the same time or something. I was really into both though (odd as I had the nicest of moms lol)

Re the Janet backstory--I LOVED the *three witches* storyline when Janet/Skye/Erica all teamed up to bring Kinder down, carted around his body, all that. Loved their friendship. When was it that Janet tried to kille Erica--the Mardi Gras thing? I can't really remember, I know it killed Ethan.

• Members

That one episode where Melody Anderson played Janet had to be the funeral episode. I remember this scene so well --- they only showed the back of Janet's body with her hands in cuffs --- and she whispered "Bye Natty". That was it - no face, nothing.

Add me as one who loved the Kinder/3 witches storyline. One of my favs! I'll never forget the dream of Kinder crawling out of his grave and grabbing for her ankles!

Yep - Erica/Janet connected again during the Mardi Gras ball storyline. Wasn't that when Amanda/Josh were working for Erica? Amanda/Josh working together had so much potential... oh well.

• Members

Jesse, Angie, Frankie, Natalia and Brot all in one scene? Damn, for a minute I thought I was watching an episode of Good Times!

But seriously what is up with Cornelius? Is his contract up? Is he commuting? Why is this man not all over the frontburner or even the sideburner? Heck he's barely on the freaking stove!

• Members

My guess is that he is a commuter. But I think he was going to have a big storyline being addicted to pain killers but that was scrapped.

Also, where's Miguel?

These are the two storylines that were started then stopped.

• Members

People read way too much into the painkillers. He popped a couple of pills, "OMG! FRANKIE'S GOING TO HAVE A PAINKILLER ADDICTION STORYLINE!!!!"

Oops... wait.

Greenlee popped a couple pills in February... "OMG! GREENLEE'S GOING TO HAVE A PAINKILLER ADDICTION STORYLINE!!!!"

Is it just me, or is the PAINKILLER ADDICTION STORYLINE every other year on soaps becoming overused and anticlimactic?

And to be a total bitch, but maybe, if there was a storyline in the works, it was scrapped after seeing Cornelius Smith, Jr. unable to convincingly fake punch a desk.

• Members

Greenlee and Frankie's situations were totally different, though. With Greenlee, it was never hinted that she would become addicted to pills, not even in spoilers. In spoilers, not once was there a one that had the words "Greenlee" and "Pill" in the same sentence. With her, she would just take them when her back was in pain, and be done with it and move on.

With Frankie, he became quite dependent on them. Even struggled not to take them sometimes. He went as far as taking one before a surgical procedure that he was doing! Spoilers hinted that he would start taking them, and abuse them. Angie and even Damon got involved, and out of nowhere it was dropped. It was clear that AMC was headed in the pill addiction storyline for him..but dropped it for undisclosed (but pretty obvious) reasons.

Archived