GH: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be nice if Jason died in prison, everyone blames Sonny for it, and then, voila. Who Killed Sonny? Murder Mystery. Obviously Carly would be the culprit, as she has only ever loved Jason, and once she comes to grips with what she's done, she kills herself.

Fun for all, really.

• Members

can you blame her? Sam isnt a character...she's a prop. She hasnt had a storyline in forever and the majority of her scenes with Jason involve her agreeing with him and telling him how great he is. Its like watching Jason interact with a mirror bc she's nothing more than an extension of himself to talk to. She is MUCH better in her scenes with Alexis and her sisters, like earlier this week bc they give her somethnig to work with and those scenes were emotionally charged. With Jason, its the same damn scenes. KM probbaly doesnt even need to look at the script when she sees SB is her acting partner bc she doesnt need to act; all Sam does in these situatinos is react to him

• Members

I wish they'd finally reveal her father. Thats something they rpetty much ignored. Im almost afraid though they'd make him some big rival mob boss and Sam will be torn between standing by Jason or getting to know the father, she never had.

• Members

Here is how I see the show. There are now two trinities opposed to each other. There is the Sonny-Jason-Carly trinity of lawbreakers who took over the show around fifteen years ago. They are the established order. Then there is the law-abiding trinity of Dante, Lucky, and Lulu. They are the heroes of the show and want the good guys to actually be the goods guys like in the old days of Robert Scorpio and Frisco Jones. Then there are the the Davis women- Alexis, Sam, and Kristina. Lastly, there is Michael. Those ten characters are the show. Everyone else in the cast is fighting for screen time.

Sonny, Jason, and Carly- Maurice Bernard and Steve Burton have these established routines that they go through and sometimes they actually have to act. Laura Wright is actually acting and is a screen hog. A lot of her scenes are scenes just to have Carly talking. Jason is on every day and I think he hates Dante because he is also on every day now. Jason wants to kill Dante so that no one else gets as much screen time as he gets.

Dante- I love this guy. He is the challenger to the established order. In the first four months of the year screen counts showed that he appeared in one more episode than Jason. He is replacing Jason as the hero of the show. Dominic Zoprogna deserves Emmy consideration next year.

Lucky- Jonathan Jackson is excellent. Dante and Lucky are a great partnership.

Lulu- She is the girlfriend of the show's new leading man, and that gives her new prominence. Julie Berman is decent but there is nothing outstanding to her performances.

Sam- She is Jason's girlfriend and therefore gets a lot of screentime. She is also a Davis sister. She shows up in a lot of scenes and ends up having only a line or two. When she is with Steve Burton I think Kelly Monaco is just phoning it in. I think Monaco enjoys doing the Davis women scenes more.

Kristina and Michael- Storylines wrap themselves around these two. She causes Claudia's accident, while he kills her. March and April were all about Kristina's abuse storyline, while May is all about Michael going to prison. These two carry bloodlines transcending the major families of Port Charles. He is a Quartermaine and a Spencer, while she is a Corinthos and a Cassadine. Instead of being brother and sister, the two ought to get married and unite the bloodlines of the show. I feel that the true Michael has yet to appear. While Chad Duell is better than Drew Garrett, I am impressed with neither. On the other hand, I think Lexi Ainsworth is great and ought to be getting Emmy consideration next year.

Alexis- the only remaining character on the show given sufficient dialogue and storyline. Nancy Lee Grahn has been excellent lately and deserves Emmy consideration next year.

• Members

I really hope Sam's father is someone better than Anthony Zacchara. But it would be cool if it was someone from the show's past...Hmm Frisco anyone?? Nahh that would be weird...

IDK.

The show is still good, and I love this stuff with Carly. She has been great to Lulu and Lulu chose BUSTERBROWN over her family, no matter HOW you spell it out...That's what happened. Moving on...

Wish we coulda seen more of Alexis's trial :(

• Members

Lucky seemed more heartbroken to lose Jason then Sam did...LOL. Sam was all pumped, almost as if she couldn't wait for him to go, meanwhile Lucky was borderline about to bust out crying when he found out the Borg was putting himself in jail....wow.

It's amazing how unbalanced this show is! So nauseating. Omg day in and day out this week, we saw the same exact characters :wacko: where is everybody...sheesh.

• Members

ITA with all of the above....I like this Morgan better, to. I just wish Morgan would STHU about going to a Yankees game already. He mentions it in every episode he's in! Omg I will take you, just as long as you shutup about it for once...geessh!!~

Chad Duell is boring. His eyes are so droopy, it seems like he's thinking about everything he is saying. Nothing comes natural out of him...I can't stand him as Michael~! In the prison scenes on Friday's ep, I just thought of DG in the role of Michael doing those scenes 100% better...sigh

Archived