Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I agree. We can do without the "I feel like I'm breaking..." sobs.

I felt like the first BH episode was a calm before the storm. I wasn't disappointed, I was excited cuz I know they're gearing up for the tidal wave of drama.

Even when Camille is being "good", she still has such a calculated, bitchy expression on her face, like a "you're getting what you deserve!" expression while watching everyone else having their traumas and uncomfortable conversations.

I didn't see the first half of the 1st season, but I love Kyle. Is she a saint? Nah, but she stirs the pot and I like it.

Kim is one of those who isn't particularly glamorous or someone to admire, but she sure is a hot mess that's always good for a laugh (laughing *at*, not with...)

Lisa will do just fine being painted as "the bitch." She can wipe the floor with any of 'em.

Adrienne... I wanna like her, cuz I think her intentions are good, but boy is she one nagging nagging housewife. Her and her husband are both pretty insufferable. I found her pretty blah, pretty much the weak link, last season. But it looks like her story will get juicier this season.

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Started Season 3 of NEW YORK. Changes galore! Lu Ann--crazy, oblivious bitch. I'm shocked that Bethenny is all of a sudden hated by all and not "in" with the clique. Still love her, though. Ramona--I can't believe I used to not like her. She's amazing. And she looks wonderful. Any of you experts can tell me if she indeed didn't have any plastic surgery? Because she looks great. Kelly--I spent a whole episode not hating her! Surprise. Jill--I spent a whole episode annoyed by her. Also, surprise. Alex barely registered--and I didn't even realize Simon was not there!

• Members

You'll probably end up loving Alex, Bethenny, and Ramona by the end of season three. That was the season that Jill and Luann officially became a two headed monster, and it just gets worse by season 4. Oh and trust me by season's end(season 3), you get to see the greatest mental breakdown in housewives history.

• Members

IA with whoever said Lisa on RHOBH can withstand the "bitch" tag (unlike Camille who worked overtime to make out that she was edited that way). Lisa is smart and she can own the bitch with the best of them. I find her refreshingly honest and insightful. In hindsight, were she and Ken's comments tactless? Yes, absolutely -- but they were made months before Russell's suicide, and as Lisa pointed out, she barely knew Russell. Nobody did, the man was so tightly wound in S1, he couldn't even relax with "the guys." He obviously had problems socializing, including with his own wife and (sometimes) daughter. RHOBH wasn't why he commited suicide -- those issues ran way deeper than being some side act on a TV reality show.

As for taylor, well, her passive-aggressive actions in S1 are cast in a new light now that we hear about the divorce and domestic violence against her. But she is manipulative (the girl has three aliases, for god's sake, including one called Shana) and... I think she is attracted to power (and what is domestic abuse if not one partner exerting his or her physical dominace over the other? Not saying she was attracted to being beaten up, but she was drawn to a man who had real issues with controling and dominating her). And it is therefore no wonder she is so drawn to Kyle, the loudest and bossiest of the housewives. Kyle is Queen Bee right now, she's got Lisa and Taylor fighting over #1 BFF place, she put Kim in her place (and in rehab, apparently) at the end of last season, plus she's got Camille minding her p's and q's with her, too. Kyle is a bully, period. And she looks like she smells of feet! Yes, I know that's a random statement to make but it's all the muumuus she wears and padding around barefoot and her smoker's voice.

Speaking of smokers, is it wrong that I love Kim in the talking heads/voiceover segments? She is obviously sauced out of her head in most of them, and yet she sometimes is the Voice of Truth.

Camille should be interesting this year. I like her -- but this woman is still incredibly self-absorbed.

I like Adrienne but I'm sensing D-I-V-O-R-C-E in her interactions with Paul now. He must be Beverly Hills' most insecure plastic surgeon. BTW, did he do Taylor's horrendous juvederm lips? Because they look awful.

• Members

No comment on RHONJ?

I'm not surprised, after S2 which was so stellar, S3 is feeling a little... padded out. The JuicyJoe/Teresa/Joey/Melissa oedipal triangle is the only story in town now that hideous Ashley child has slunk away to irritate somebody else with her whining. Poor Caroline needs more to do, for a start. What happened with Kim G?

I did love Milania's pizza birthday party, though, and Gia trying to bring her family together. Looking forward to Kathy/Teresa showdown in Punta Cana next week, too. Both women are in the wrong but I do think Kathy thrives on family dysfunction and enjoys driving the wedge in deeper, even though she tries to cover it up as "mediation."

Edited by Cat

• Members

New Jersey feels soooooooooooo long this season. Too many episodes for women who really don't have much going on. I can't wait for the reunion and for it to be done. With family interactions its only so far you can go. And because they're family, the drama will only go so far. Next season they need at least two new wives who aren't related AT ALL.

• Members

I'm one of those who feels that Lisa can withstand the "bitch" tag. Let that bitch flag fly Lisa! And yes, Lisa and Joan Collins might as well just start having weekly lunch sessions in Beverly Hills, they are kindred spirits.

Lisa_Vanderpump_Collins.jpg?ggnoads

In reference to New Jersey: this season has sucked. So boring and it's draaaaaged on. Time to just cancel this one, it's shelf life has been reached!

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

Yes, season 3 of NJ is dragging. Hubby said the same thing last night. When I caught up with previous seasons, we skipped past the couple episodes last season where they went on vacation because he said it wasn't worth watching (i.e. No Danielle drama). I think this season would be more interested if it were more condensed. Honestly, aside from the little argument on the beach coming next week between Teresa and Kathy, the only thing I'm looking forward to seeing is brother Joe with his shirt off... Yum! :)

• Members

^^ It's so funny. Joey is a total meathead and looks more like a ball of raw beef with every passing week. And yet... there is something hot about him, even though he's like 4' 8". Also: Chris Laurita wub.png

NJ is dragging -- it was my favourite RH franchise for a long time. Bottom line: this show misses Danielle and (to a lesser extent) Dina. Danielle's stage-mom/BFF dynamic with her daughters was fascinating, as was her rivalry with Dina. Danielle may be monstrous, sketchy, vengeful, deluded, but she was honest about her many faults and wasn't afraid to show them. I sometimes felt sorry for her at being ousted from the housewives circle -- she so badly wanted to be part of a familial group of female friends.

If Bravo wants RHONJ to continue, they need to trot outthat drunken sociopath Kim G every once in a while. But I guess Joe Giudice is already ticking that "drunken sociopath" box, huh.

BTW, if I hear Melissa pushing her "On Display" song one more time.... Are you kidding me with this? Only Britney Spears can get away with singing about the pressures of fame. This ho? Who?

• Members

RHoNJ has an issue, and its simple. There is no villain. They took out Danielle, they tried to replace her with melissa - but Melissa isnt a villain, she isnt even a bitch. And she won the girls over, aside from Tere who is seriously hard to watch. Her husband is a sick, twisted, mean man and she encourages it. But its not played that way.

They need to dump Tere and Kathy. I would also say wither Caroline or Jaqui can go, because keeping one will at least ensure the other appearing from time to time. I wanna say Caroline, and in fact give her and her family - Husband, kids - their own bravo family dynamic show because when you get them all together, its really something to watch.

So keep Jaqui, Melissa and add three new women. Kim G can not be one tho, shes too much for every single episode.

Oh, and i LOVE On Display! LOL.

• Members

It has been long and they should have cut a lot of episodes with repetitive stuff (Christmas/NYE party stuff seemed to run for, like, three consecutive episodes!) and brought Juicy Joe's drinking/weird behavior to the forefront earlier.

• Members

Just caught up on NJ:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I loved the holiday-themed episode arc of this NJ season. I love how you know there is a distinct timeline, and editing can only go so far with the timing of the storyline. It paces the season in a logical way, unlike last year's season (which to me, seemed WAY longer)... where they basically had episode after episode of everyone hating on Danielle (it got old).

I also think this season might be a bit longer because they ditched the Albie/Chris show and are now integrating a lot of those scenes into this season. Which for Caroline, is needed, because without her kids, Caroline really has no storyline at all this year. I'm curious to see what she'll be doing next season!

I love that Caroline and Jac are starting to understand and side with Melissa/Kathy. You can see it!

The BH ratings went way down this week :( Almost 600,000 viewers and 0.4 in 18-49.