• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Cynthia is gracious to the end.

Some people may be thrilled that she's gone, but she was there for so long, she was like an anchor on the show (in a good way). We saw Noelle grow up, and Peter and hunky Leon. She had authentic ties to the rest of the cast and those forged relationships are IMO worth their weight in gold on the RH shows.

She will leave a big gap. RHOA needs far better newbies because the past few years, nobody has really stuck and it's been turnover, turnover, turnover.

Agreed. She and Kandi really are the unofficial OGs.

• Members

I’ve always run hot and cold with her—some of her stories have felt REALLY forced—but she developed into a pillar of the show. The show definitely needs some new dynamics, but you don’t get rid of someone like Cynthia unless you’re absolutely certain the show can stand without her. 

• Members

We all knew Cynthia was leaving, but I don’t know why I was so shocked and devastated when she posted it. You would’ve thought I had no idea she was leaving lol. 

I feel Cynthia is a better HW than she’s given credit for. On any other franchise Cynthia would be the star, but RHOA is full of big personalities so she falls into the nice role. Still, she’s given us endless family/relationship drama, a physical fight and endless reads. To me Cynthia did her job and did I WELL. 

I hope her post Housewives career is a success. I’d love a talk show in her future or even to become the first crossover housewife with her moving to Beverly Hills. Whatever happens I wish her well! A true class act.

Edited by Chris B

• Members

ATL

Very gracious of Cynthia. I think the writing has been on the wall for a season or two that her time on the show was running out. That said, she's that sane one in the cast that ATL will need to ensure they replace carefully.

SLC

Very much enjoyed this episode. 

Mary taking a moment to pass gas in total silence with Meredith and Brookes was one of the more insane moments I have witnessed on television.

Meredith engaging and exploding at ice fishing was totally justified. Is Jen that psychotic that she doesn't think she's responsible for what her social media team does? What a moron. 

POTOMAC

I am astounded that anyone is against Wendy. Robyn and Gizelle openly antagonized her: what did they expect to be the reaction?

Karen was hilarious and I am so glad she's vaccinated. 

BH

LVP has exposed Kyle as the one who was spreading rumors about Tom and Erika at Andy's Baby Shower:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10034723/Lisa-Vanderpump-reluctantly-admits-Kyle-Richards-spread-story-friend-Erika-Jayne.html

• Members

@DaytimeFanThank you for that LVP scoop! I’m hoping and praying Erika focuses on KYLE at the reunion. Especially if she’s returning, I need them to be at war next season. Sutton has taken so much heat, but despite asking some questions, Sutton has been tame compared to everything Kyle has said behind her back in scenes and confessionals. That is where I want to see Erika focus her wrath. 

• Members

Potomac

I'm not crazy about Wendy's Little Bo Peep act either this season. However, on last night's episode, Robyn and Gizelle specifically pushed for a reaction from her. And they got one. Like Candiace, they cannot cry wolf everytime they purposely go after someone. And speaking of Candiace, she's got a face full of salad coming her way. Her comments about Mia's mom were spiteful. It's not Mia's fault Ms Dorothy is uber-thirsty for camera time.

Karen: "Whats that tent? They doing Covid testing?" 

Please register in order to view this content

@DaytimeFan Yass LVP and Camille! Expose her! I'm still laughing at the DM saying that LVP 'reluctantly admits' it was Kyle all along. All the way back at Andy's baby shower, huh. Revenge is a dish best served icey cold!

Edited by Cat

• Members

I appreciate that she never sugar-coated her marriage with Peter or the money problems/anxieties tied up with that. I always felt that Cynthia showed us pretty much who she really is, and for that I am grateful. Cynthia was both a complex, reserved person and someone who did put it out there -- without making a song and dance about how she was putting it out there.

If anything, the problem in recent years has been production. With the change in production crews in S10, the drama has become much more contrived and script-y (as opposed to the largely organic stuff which basically reached an unsustainable crescendo in S9). There is more filler and fluff, and in that environment, Cynthia slipped into a Greek Chorus role, which eventually set the stage for her removal because she 'doesn't bring it enough.' Again, I view this as production's uninspired over-producing, rather than Cynthia's fault.

When Cynthia divorced Peter, she appeared on a Daytime talk show and cut a forlorn figure citing the end of another relationship. She said that maybe she wasn't built for marriage or even another relationship, and maybe she was better off by herself. She did not seem to think she would meet anybody again. She laid it all out very matter-of-factly, not self-pityingly at all, but I really felt for her. I'm so glad she eventually met someone she connects with. Even though she is leaving RHOA, it sounds like she is stepping into a fulfilled personal life. I hope she gets some worthwhile projects too.

What? No excitement about Pursuit of Porsha

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat

• Members

I agree with that. And I liked that she was transparent about her and Peter’s financial issues, which many HWs sweep under the rug. Robyn on Potomac feels like an analog. Not in terms of personality, as Robyn is harder and more aggressive, but in terms of what they bring to the show (seemingly a lapdog for an alpha, sometimes feeling a bit stuck, but contributing commentary as well as the rougher edges many HWs smooth over).

Cynthia’s first season with the wedding just rang false to me. Not that the emotions were false, but it really felt staged in a lot of ways that killed some of the necessary illusion. That scene with her mother and Malorie and the marriage license still makes me cringe. There was a lot of that with her. She eventually settled into something more effortless.

Edited by Faulkner