Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know how I feel about this.  I know her and Lisa Rinna have been close for over a decade.. and it seems like friendships never really last once they join this particular franchise.  Kyle/Lisa V have never been the same.. Lisa V/Lisa R are the same way... and Kim R/Lisa R also don't speak anymore.

Still.. Denise does have the home life.. and her dad was always a quirky individual that provided a calming stability to the household. 

• Members

The little I've seen of Denise over the years, even at her peak, always looked trashy, and grimy - in her biggest movies she still looked like she needed a wash. I guess it fits what RHOBH is at its core, even though it doesn't want to be.

• Members

Such scraping the bottom of the barrel with these BH additions, although I like Teddi. It’s like putting rusty metal patches on a sinking ship. I just don’t see how the show survives with its current dynamics, with Kyle/Lisa V.’s love/hate dance eating the show and deeply unlikable folks like Lisa Rinna, Dorit, and Erika still around.

• Members

It's not so much the Denise Richards addition (though she is an insalubrious one); it's the existing cast remaining as it is. That cast is a disaster!

Bravo really missed a trick by not trying to have Kathy Hilton join. IMO the show needs a complete reboot. Without Little Big Kathy, Kyle has no reason to be there. LVP needs to stick to VPR. Rinna, Erika, and Dorit all need to be fired post haste, and Teddi needs to go live her best life off screen.

The show will never be the same again. Nobody is even remotely likable or watchable. Brandi basically strangled BH, and Rinna finished it off by sticking a knife in it. It's done.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Why do you think RHOBH is having trouble finding that right mix of women... but shows like RHONY and RHOC seem to be able to correct troubled waters?  RHOC, especiallly manages to evolve with a constant rotating of the cast (except sadly for Vicki).

• Members

Hmmm difficult question. Sometimes it is a case of simple chemistry. This cast does not gel nor do they like each other. They are trying to sell us on friendships that do not exist. 

The show has been a popularity contest from the beginning. When Andy told Camille that she was the most hated HW in RH history, Camille was completely devastated -- and the camera cut to Kyle, gloating and triumphant. When the audience turned on Kyle for her S2 takedown of LVP, Kyle did not like the backlash and made it her mission to make the audience feel sorry for her. The cast is obsessed with being the likable fan fave at all costs. They are essentially strategizing themselves off the show! They take potshots from the safety of their VTs. But when it comes to bringing their real beef out into the open, they are fearfully afraid of the audience turning on them. So they make up some petty B.S. to disguise their true motives. Sometimes you need a Tamra to air out all the dirty laundry!

As a result, in true Hollywood form, they all seem to be acting out some hastily contrived script. The authenticity is gone. None of it feels remotely real. I don't believe what they say. And production appears unable to get them to put their real lives or feelings on the table, because most of these women are rich and have power/connections behind the scenes. So much of the truly interesting stuff on BH goes on behind the scenes! That is a problem.

The show used to be about the haves and have-nots of Beverly Hills. I really liked that dynamic between the richies and the social climbers. Taylor and her ratchet friend Dana/Pam should never have been fired imo.

I also liked that under the sunshine and gloss, there were these dark Hollywwod secrets waiting to come out. Kim's drinking, you stole my goddamn house!, Big Kathy's scarring influence over her 'girls,' Russell's controlling abuse and his thieving of his clients, Adrienne's surrogacy lie... Toxic though they may have been, these were real and they put the show on the map. The dark secrets were like another character. In recent times, a decision has been made to not really delve into those secrets and to focus exclusively on the glitz and wealth. The show has become very surface as a result. I don't care if I ever see Erika's glam squad do her makeup again! Also, so much of these shows of wealth are smoke and mirrors. Erika is about to be dumped by her wealthy husband any day now. LVP is mortgaged to the hilt and needs to sell off Villa Blanca and SUR asap and focus on Pump and Tom-Tom. Dorit and PK are living hand-to-mouth in a rented McMansion with the creditors knocking on every door. Once again, I do not believe anything these women are trying to sell me about their 'aspirational lifestyles.' The show is completely hollow.  

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Cat that is very eloquent, as usual.

I also think that so much time from season 3 or 4 on began to be focused so  heavily on things that viewers can never see the full extent of oncamera (I guess it really started with Adrienne's stuff with Brandi, or before that, Taylor's marriage), and then the show began to focus excessively on one or two very limited story beats, almost like they didn't know what else to do. Carlton and Brandi hating Joyce, Brandi hating Lisa, everyone being out to get Lisa, Rinna vs Kim, Muncha Muncha Munchausen (oh wait...we never said that word, really, we never did) the panties, The Wrath of Erika Jayne, etc.

Nothing has felt organic on the show in years. It just feels like a producer wandering the desert, finding a stone, and trying to squeeze the stone as hard as he can. Then a season later he goes to another desert and finds another stone. Rinse and repeat.