Misleading SOD Covers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the GH ones because they're usually "SOMEONE DIES!" followed by pictures of Sonny, Carly, Jason and Sonny or Jason's latest slampiece.

I almost want to applaud them for the trick of "This might just mean that KENDALL IS GOING TO DIE but not BY THE HANDS OF GREENLEE!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

LMAO! I can't help but to laugh at these headlines, esp. ABC's Soaps In Depth!

- Britney to be the new Babe!

- Paris steals Erica's role!

- Alyssa Milano is the new Brenda!

- JASON IS GOING TO DIE!

- THE NEW BRENDA!

• Members

Well to be fair, it doesn't just out right say that Palmer is returning. It just says "Who's RETURNING for Palmer's Send-Off!". SID could have put a picture of one of the people actually returning, instead of a picture of him -.-. Pathetic.

I NEVER see OLTL covers on soap mags. I wonder why? Also, when's the last time ATWT's got a magazine cover on SOD or something (that was NOT shared with another soap). B&B, ATWT, and OLTL seem to be the soaps that rarely get magazine covers from my observations, LoL.

• Members

A couple years ago I wrote to SOD about my favorite soap ATWT never getting on the cover. They told me that the policy was that Y&R, GH and DAYS alternated covers. However, they had received many complaints such as mine. As a compromise, they did begin putting the other soaps on the cover to subscribers, but not on the news stand.

As a side note,I can't for the life of me figure out how putting that same photo of Eric Braeden's puss on EVERY OTHER ISSUE helps sales.

Archived