Worst Exits Ever

• Members

AMC:

Dixies death was such a humiliating way to kill a veteran character. Brooke just vanishing was awful. Julia's death was such a lazy way to give Tad Cathy. And she was pretty much forgotten in a couple of weeks and never mentioned until Mateo and Maria showed up at the anniversary episode. Di's death was also ridiculous. She wasn't beloved but she was fairly popular and Dixie's sister and I never understood why they recast her, gave her a personality transplant and then killed her off when they could have easily used another character. I could go on and on when it comes to bad AMC exits.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I kind of go back and forth with Brooke. I think Julia Barr was definitely deserving of big farewll for Brooke, but on a more selfish level, I can't say that I missed a super sad and emotional goodbye episode, especially considering the fact that her exit wasn't exactly a pleasant one. Tough call for me. Just glad that she's back for now and we have the chance to take it again from here.

• Members

I have to say that the fact they've kinda made up for the Brooke exit (as best they could) has made me much less negative about it than I woulda remained otherwise ;) (It's sad but even up to last year I'd have dreams she returned to AMC and then I'd wake up, realize it was a dream and cry :P Ok, not cry, but...)

• Members

I think part of the problem is he just wasn't a very good actor. Not that a lot of that stuff would be easy for a better actor to pull off but, Aiden kinda worked best as a fiarly bland "everyman"--whenever they tried to make him dark, etc, it just kinda was a :huh: That said him going all psycho didn't bug me so much just cuz his character had been such an underwritten one for so long, it didn't feel particularly out of character one way or another...

Colin E did a great job with the psycho stuff, and even had pretty good dialogue, but yes, agreed completely. No matter what one thought about the character's genesis I think it was an insult to so many characters (like Erica--even if she did have a couple of good scenes too)

I don't even remember that--0I thougth she was gone before Edmund's funeral. LOL

• Members

I was trying to refresh my memory of the last years of Edmund's life on AMC and had totally forgotten about this story:

"he quietness was shattered in January 2004 when a gang of Argentinean thugs shot Edmund during a botched hostage situation in the mountains. The Calatravas gang had wanted to enact revenge on Greenlee duPres and Juan Pablo for figuring out that they were responsible in Juan Pablo's brother's death"

LOL so McTavish. I didn't even remember when they were in that stupid moutnains place (the Fusion girls played musical beds I think) or that the awful character of Carlos, Juan's brother died off screen...

• Members

I wasn't a fan of Grace blowing up on Passions. I wanted her to come back to Harmony and reunite with Sam.

Also wasn't a fan of Beth blowing up on the train in Italy. Were we to believe she was the only one to die, even though both Alistair and Marty survived? Too bad DirecTV didn't give Passions enough notice---these characters could've returned in time for the finale and had a better send-off.

• Members

Carlos died on screen.

Nevertheless, the whole story was convoluted. I believe, according to McTavish's credited story (since there's no way of telling, unless someone is interviewed, if this was McTavish playing out Rayfield/Cascio's story with her own special "twist" or if this leg of the story was her own creation), Carlos was either framed for a murder or committed manslaughter in connection with the Calatravalsassarvasa gang and Pablo sent Carlos out of Argentina. Pablo came to the States to warn Carlos The Calbatrossalvaras were on to him, but shortly after they found him and killed him... which led to the whole hostage crisis in the mountains... with Edmund getting shot in the back and paralyzed from the waist down... which led to the beginning of the complete and total emasculation of Edmund. That summer, Zach arrived, chasing after Maria -- who was "Maureen Gorman" to him from her time in Nevada -- and poor paralyzed, limp dick Edmund became even more insecure which, through even more convoluted "twists" (it was discovered he had regained use of his legs and kept it secret to keep Maria) led to Edmund getting hit in the head with the shovel by that ass Jonathan Lavery and left in the burning stables to die.

And, of course, McTavish -- being the great writer that she is -- spent most of 2004 writing John and Eva's marital problems into Edmund and Maria's life as well. Bitch.

Archived