AMC: Damon's father is....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She has to work it into the show's timeline, not the real-world timeline. Which means sometime around when Colby was conceived. Which happened a few months after Broderick left the show the last time around.

If she doesn't do it this way then I'll join everyone else in blasting her. But we don't know yet.

As for your concern for everything making sense I'm sure you would be singing LB's praises if she came up with a way to make Zach not Gabrielle's father, no matter how illogical it was.

• Members

I'm beginning to think Khan is really the jealous Megan McTavish who would do anything to see Lorraine Broderick fail. :lol:

You did have that really dark storyline idea concerning Randi and how she ends up in a coma after going undercover as a prostitute and having Liza and Frankie hook up. :lol:

You've been caught, Megan. As Erica would say, "BOOM!"

• Members

And sometimes you have to work with what TPTB mandate you have to work with. I know through the grapevine that LB had reservations about the aformentioned Erica baby-knapping (let alone Maria's boinking Dimitri)... yet I still think she made some great drama out of it... And that era of the show looks like Xanadu compared to practically everything that followed it up until this year.

• Members

If you think I'll name some hard-to-get scribe, such as Claire Labine or Nancy Curlee, then you're nucking futs. I just want(ed) someone who's actually good!

Those two were so not what I had in mind.

• Members

But Zach being the father was/is illogical in and of itself! Not to mention, a major assault on his character, as well as Bianca's, and even Kendall's (and good God, if I'm defending Kendall, then you know the story made no sense).

Sure, I'm "dark" like Megan, but I'd like to think I'm way more entertaining. LOL!

• Members

"The true grist of whether that your writing is good or not is how many people are tuning in to watch it. Besides, three weeks after the Emmys are over, nobody remembers who won, anyway."

Says a "steaming" Megan McTavish, just weeks after Lorraine picked up her third consecutive Emmy for Outstanding Writing Team in 1998.

• Members

Frankly, I hate that logic. "A was/is so bad, it makes B look awesome...At least what C and D did to those two made more sense than what E and F are doing...Megan McTavish was never as bad as [fill in successor's name here]..." I don't care if the years and storylines following Maddie's kidnapping were horrible by comparison. They're all horrible; and I refuse to get all misty-eyed for other, less sucky regimes b/c the show is still mired in ish!

• Members

I guess my question would be -- is it worth it? Tad is such a depleted character and I don't think yet another child is going to make a difference. They could have had him bond with Damon even without Damon being his biological son. You don't have to make someone a blood relative to existing characters to get viewers to care about them. Tad wasn't related to anyone on the show when he was thrown out of the car all those years ago.

Archived