AMC: Damon's father is....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe Tad hooked up with Hillary when he had amnesia and thought he was Ted Orsini. :lol:

I have no problem with him being the father as long as Carmen Thomas comes back and they explain when they slept together. ITA that Hillary was the only woman besides Dixie who had killer chemistry with Tad. I'd love for her to come back full time!

• Members

Yay :) I love it, and I really could care less when Damon was conceived. I mean, do soaps really pay attention to that nowadays? I am just happy that Tad has a storyline now, and I hope that Hillary shows up in PV. Damon is like Tad in his younger days...Tad is doing exactly what was done to him when he was younger, he's taking in Damon and treating him as if he is his own son...and little does he know, he really is!

• Members

Well, you're watching the wrong medium if you want things to work on perfectly age-wise or history wise.

If Tad left in 1986 and if Hillary and Tad hooked up off screen after 1986, then Damon is no more than 24 years old. It works.

• Members

But you and I and anyone else who has even half a brain knows that won't be how it'll turn out. AMC will suggest Hillary was pregnant w/ Damon when she and Tad separated. Never mind Tad left about a year before Hillary did, or that when she did leave, it was with another guy.

And no, I don't expect ages to work out perfectly on soaps...but I do expect them to make some damn sense. They used to, you know, before people stop giving a crap!

• Members

That's the thing that gets me, why is it suddenly okay that LB effs up character history, but any other writer were to do, they'd be skewered for it?

It doesn't have to work perfectly, but it should make some kind of sense, and this does NOT on any level.

Are they trying to make Tad into Todd or Sonny as in giving him one kid after another?

Exactly!

• Members

Maybe I'm being too generous but I have to believe LB knows Damon would have to be the product of an encounter Tad and Hillary had sometime during or after her HWing stint in the mid 90s in order for this to make sense.

• Members

Is this the same LB who thought Erica kidnapping Maria's baby made sense? Or that Noah and Julia being smuggled out of Jamaica (or wherever) with the help of a voodoo priestess and her "death potion" made sense? Because, if such nonsense makes sense to her, then no wonder Tad suddenly has slow-activating sperm!

• Members

RELAX! It hasn't even played out on screen yet. If it goes the way you think it will, then yes, it's stupid. Let's wait first before throw up our arms, demanding that LB be removed from her post.

Who's doing this? If LB f'cks, up she f'cks up. I've never said it was ok for her to do so. I was the one who called her out on her previous work saying it was way too slow and I literally fell asleep. No one's giving LB a pass to write lazily, but she's doing a damn good job with what she's inherited.

• Members

No, I'm demanding LB be removed for other reasons. I've been on-record as saying she ain't cut out for this job. I stand by those comments.

Yeah, but it's only a matter of time before she does eff up, and we're all on the "Gee, even Pratt wasn't this bad!" bandwagon.

Archived