Wisner Washam interview

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you talking about Janet's dream? If you are, that was actually an homage to This is Your Life.

Janet talked to the mirror before RM. I have an episode saved from either September or October 1991 -- and KC's Janet (whilst impersonating Nat) talks to Mirror Janet.

In fact, that's how the viewers found out who killed Will. Janet was in her hospital room and she says something like, "I wonder if they'll ever catch who did it?".... the camera then pans over to Mirror Janet wearing a trenchcoat and cackling like a witch. teehee!

• Members

Don't many European soaps try to follow the telenovela formula more (though I know many are open ended--I'm just guessing as the only ones I've seen are bits of that German one with the gay storyline :P ).

He said he was making a Fox soap that someone else was working on at the same time--this has nothing to do with 13 Bourbon St does it? And then he mentioned one being picked up briefly--any idea what this is?

I'd forgotten about that--but now can even see it in my head.

I get that it was This is Yoru Life, but the AMC trivia book quotes Goutman saying the way it was filmed--with her bandages done a certain way, the blackness, etc, was a hommage to a Twilight Zone ep... (visually)

• Members

They were actually toying with a Cliff/Cecily relationship for a bit. She became his assistant of something at the hospital and she started developing feelings for him. I remember Phoebe putting an end to this. Does anyone else remember this, or am I dreaming it? It didn't last very long and they then used Cindy's death to draw Angie and Cliff closer. FMB and DePriest began growing the relationship, but viewer response was overwhelmingly negative. FMB then fired Bergman and then an angry Debbi quit a couple of months later.

• Members

I do wonder if they'd been more patient if viewers would have come around. Were ratings falling or something?

I know people also hated "Shayla" on DAYS a few years later but from the little I've seen of them that relationship didn't have a lot of chemistry.

• Members

Of course, it's hard to say, but I think the longer they had run with it, the more viewers would've come around. Seeing those clips again reminded me how easily Peter Bergman and Debbi Morgan worked together. "Clangie" might not have been as magical as "Jangie" or even "Niff," but what was?

"Shayla" (aka Shane & Kayla) didn't work, b/c it was too soon after Patch's death, and no way would Shane have hooked up w/ Kayla, or Kayla w/ Shane. That was like when Josh and Cassie hooked up on GUIDING LIGHT!

• Members

I think it had to do with the latter. Back in the day, those were two SUPERCOUPLES. Taking one half of one couple and another half of another couple didn't sit well with a lot of viewers, like my grandmother. :lol: It was just hard to accept.

But, if Darnell Williams ever decided to leave, and if Peter Bergman came back, I bet fans would be more accepting of a Cliff & Angie romance. I was watching their scenes on youtube and they definitely had chemistry. :wub:

• Members

I'd love to have PB return just to see how a Angie/Jesse/Cliff triangle might play out. (Yes, I'm cruel enough to threaten Jesse and Angie's romance. It's called "drama," y'all!) Hell, I predict PB's Y&R character, Jack Abbott, will be gone a year from now, so it's not like the scenario isn't possible.

Archived