OLTL: Discussion for the week February 15

• Members

I dont think that Fish is a bad guy. I think that overall he is a very good guy...But OLTL's main pets (of the moment) are Rex and GiGi...Similar to how GH favors Sonny and Jason (but in this case, a less dramatic way.)

So in the long run, the OLTL writers are going to dillute and change as many characters as they want as a plot ploy to prop up Rex and GiGi.

In this case I have a feeling they will make Fish some sort of deadbeat dad, meaning it is up to Rex and GiGi to raise the baby. In turn, that will mean that they end up back together...All the while, they will have trashed Fish.

I dont think OLTL is usually as guilty of this as some other soaps, but in the case of Rex and GiGi, I sense this coming.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doyen I think your idea might play out but I'm not sure with Rex and Gigi in the picture. Like Roxy -- will she want little Sierra Rose with Rex and Gigi, if she thinks it will help them get together? Will she be angry with Kyle for lying to her (didn't he lie to her about the paternity)?

• Members

The baby's paternity is in question again, for one thing. So it might be Rex's after all.

And Fish JUST got together with Kyle. Now their romance is going to be screwed up by a baby. Babies, like marriages, are the kiss of death for soap couples. If Fish gets Sierra, it's off to the back burner for him and Kyle.

• Members

I agree..I think that having a baby will MAKE "Kish"...Raising a baby would be very entertaining for them, and I think it could give them the material to STAY on the frontburner, because face it, the road they are headed down now is leading straigh to backburner.

I think Fish will get this baby to stay a main character, because the writers seem to love him anyway.

• Members
Uh is it just me or does story look an awful lot like a combo of the custody battle between Todd/Marcie? Fish isn't like Todd but his early reticence seems to make it less likely he will end up with the child in the end. Gigi will raise the baby like Blair is raising Todd's son now.

Archived