OLTL: Discussion for the week February 15

• Members

You can't give up what isn't yours in the first place. At this point Gigi doesn't have any expectation of custody. I love Kim, but she has zero right to this kid and even made very clear a baby is the last thing she wants. I imagine Kim might be the more fun mother, but I doubt very much she'd be the better mother, which is fine. Not every female soap character has to be a mother or good mother material, imo. This custody story hasn't even started and my frustration with it is already starting. :lol:

I wish Natalie had visited Jess before it was known that Jess doesn't remember her. I love Natalie and Jess's relationship and I would have liked to see Nat's reaction.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim will have a claim to Sierra Rose IF Stacy's will, naming Kim legal guardian, has been filed. This will conflict with Schuyler's will and they will go to court. Meanwhile, Rex and Gigi may be able to contest it because she is the child's aunt and he believed he was the father. Then Fish will man up, reveal he's the father, and also make a claim. Mind you, this is all speculation and not spoilers but I'm pretty sure this is how it'll play out.

• Members

RC loves these storylines with babies and multiple people wanting to gain custody or take them away from their parents.

2007-2008:Tommy: Custody battle and Marcie being on the run.

2009:Hope:Custody battle, arranged kidnapping, switched at birth, etc., etc.

2010:Sierra Rose: An obvious custody battle brewing.

Each were treated as a umbrella story of sorts involving multiple characters and pitting a bunch of people in Llanview against one another.

The only way to not have a dispute over a newborn in this town is to be born outside of it, thank goodness Michael and Marcie moved out of town when they did. :lol:

• Members

I definitely think a custody battle is coming.

I dont know who I want to raise the baby. My initial instinct would have been Fish, because he is the bio father. But he isnt manning up, so maybe he is the wrong choice anyway.

Rex and GiGi will probably get it, but I dont like that..Because I dont like them as a couple anyway.

Kim could be really really fun, but she would have to be in the will.

Schy has NO right to this kid. He abandoned it from the moment of conception, talk about a pre-mature dead beat dad!

So for me it comes down to either Kim or Fish....Kim could be the most entertaining.

• Members

So, Jessica thinks it's her senior year of high school, and she doesn't remember Marty having a son, who graduated high school last year. Does that mean Jessica is supposed to be 37? What's really ridiculous is that it's not a case of Cole's SORAS messing up the timeline. I'm pretty sure Marty had already left town (pregnant) while Jessica was still in high school. Jessica could have actually said, "Marty, you're back in Llanview? I can't wait to meet your son!" and it would have been true to the history. They could have just fudged the details of how long Marty had been gone.

I don't know why that was the first thing that struck me as completely stupid in those scenes...it kind of pales in comparison to the basic premise of what has happened to Jessica, and the way they casually mentioned to her that she'd been shot and electro-shocked when she was already freaked out, and the fact that she didn't seem overly concerned about it and want to know who did those things to her and why, etc. For a split second I thought it might actually be interesting when Marty was drawn into this story to work with Jessica; I've been lapping up just about every Jessica/Marty scene I can find on YouTube. But must Marty be made out to be so incompetent? I was hit by a car once, had no head injury whatsoever, and the first thing the doctor asked me was what year it was; whereas Marty knows Jessica has had brain trauma and has been experiencing gaps in her memory since then, and it took almost the whole episode for her to finally ask? Ugh.

Meanwhile, the best scene of the week, by far, was David and Kelly discovering "Aidriaina" was into bondage. I can't believe they went there. Too bad the show has spent weeks wallowing in Jessica being in much the same situation for real and nearly getting raped in the process, or I'd be much prouder of OLTL for showing a sexually empowered woman reclaiming an ugly and violent scenario for her own pleasure. But considering OLTL has just gotten through perpetuating that ugliness and violence...not so much.

• Members

Yes, this whole damn storyline is screwed up already. Like Jessica think it's 1997, but doesn't remember Cole, who is supposed to be 19-years-old now, but would have been about 6 years of age 13 years ago. laugh.gif

See what happens when you mix SORASing with 'time travel' (in jess' mind anyway) storylines? Notice how they avoided actually saying "1997" in Friday's episode? Just said, "Jessica's senior year of high school." Nothing makes sense. tongue.gif

Archived