OLTL: Discussion for the week February 15

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although I thought Charlie and Viki's romance was terrific in the beginning, I've come to regard Charlie Banks the same way I did Ben Davidson: to be Victoria Lord's "main man," you have to be dynamic. Joe Riley and (Clint Richie's) Clint were dynamic. Charlie isn't. He's too...everyday. He'd be much better off w/ someone like Nora.

But, Clint-and-Viki redux? Huh-uh. Not with JvD as Clint. As someone said upthread, his Clint and her Viki come off more as siblings than ex-husband-and-wife. In fact, if I had my druthers, JvD wouldn't have come aboard as a Clint recast, but as Tony Lord instead.

• Members

I think there's a lot of story possibilities if they write for Charlie and Viki. Charlie is a damaged man and that never goes away. Viki may work better with a stronger personality but if anything Charlie falling apart could have galvanized her more than anything in the past few years, since he was her escape from the usual family problems. Unfortunately Frons or whoever else does not want Viki to have a major role in a story.

• Members

Does Fish even want to be the father to Sierra Rose? I get the feeling that he'd rather not be, so what is going to happen when it comes out that he is the true father to that baby.

I love JvD's, Clint, just not with Viki. Not this go round, I enjoy them most as friends. I think Charlie is best with Viki, and they make each other so happy, so I'm wishing they will overcome all of this. I'm looking forward to some Clint/Kim, I have truly missed them together. :o

Wonder how long that prison is going to hold Mitch Laurence.

• Members

So, now that they are saying that they cannot find Stacy's body, am I the only one thinking there will be another plot twist?

I mean, I know Stacy wasnt that popular with the show...But with no body, I have to wonder if in a year or two, we will find out Stacy swam underwater to a coastal island somewhere, and had complete amnesia, and that she was nursed back to help. Then she will return to Llanview and everyone will be like OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!...Idk, it just seemed like they left a LOT of open ends to me....

I personally like Stacy. *GASP* i know, i think i am the only one. :P

• Members

Perhaps, a year or so from now, when Fish has become so attached to Chastity Clair Charisma Sierra Rose that he'll do anything, even marry the baby's mother, in order to keep her.

(Yeah, I know Fish is gay. What's your point?)

• Members

I stand by my original assessment of Stacy - she wouldn't have been so hated by the audience if her introduction had been more subtle. Because, if you think about it, she hadn't done anything that most soap vixens wouldn't do.

• Members

I totally agree with you there. I personally liked Stacy, and I like her more than I like GiGi, that's for sure.

I think they introduced Stacy as a way to endlessly prop up GiGi once again, by making her look like the 'angel of a sister'...I think, had they introduced Stacy as simply Stacy's sister, and slowly revealed all of her little past vixen-like actions, she would have been well received, as so many other villainesses of daytime are.

I think the writers butchered Stacy, because they never wrote for HER, they wrote her to prop up GIGI, because Stacy was written to look "so bad" that it just made people sympathize for Stacy. Totally, and completely butchered.

• Members

They never knew what they wanted Stacy to be. Was Stacy campy love to hate, or was she a bitch? Those scenes of Stacy manipulating Shane and clearly not caring whether he lived or died were a big mistake. The scenes with browbeating Roxy and the months of going to see this man under a sheet were also mistakes. They had something possibly good with Stacy and Sky and they ruined that because it had to turn into both characters propping the awful, awful Gigi and Rex.

• Members

Well, I don't think we can leave out the CH factor either. Fact is, she grates on some people's nerves, viewers and co-workers alike apparently. It seems like yesterday, but I remember the thread where we were discussing CH joining the show and I was none too thrilled based on her run on GL. I was actually surprised by how much I liked Stacy at first. Things went downhill quickly and steeply. I don't know the girl personally so I can't speak for what goes on behind the scenes at One Life, but as a viewer, I think it's the writing that can make or break an actress like CH because characters like Lizzie and Stacy at their naughtiest just bring out the most grating qualities in her. I don't love to hate her vixens, I just hate them and wish they'd go away. Maybe some better direction could have helped.

One of Mitch's goons probably has Stacy on ice, and they'll be back in two years with the deed to Llanfair. :rolleyes: Fortunately, OLTL will have already been cancelled so we won't have to watch. I KID, I KID!

Archived