AMC: Susan Lucci & 'Precious' director Lee Daniels

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If ever a thread title made me do a double take...

That's awesome. I know how he feels, if you put me at a dinner table with Barack Obama and Susan Lucci, it wouldn't be Mr. President who had me all tongue tied and sweaty palmed. :P

• Members

I was shocked too that he singled her out! How awesome would it be if after 40 years, La Lucci got a shot at a movie career!? It's all wishful thinking. But maybe at the very least Lee Daniels can guest direct an episode of All My Children a la James Franco on GH.

• Members

I thought Precious was overwrought and shamelessly manipulative, but very soapy in that way. I think it would be lovely to see Daniels, who seems to really understand the ins and outs of soap, to elevate La Lucci like that.

• Members

That's hot! I'd love to see her do something in addition to AMC. Though, she'd need the right cast/leading man to make her acting better. Susan is a decent actress, but there are people she does better with on AMC then others, and I think the same would hold true for a movie. I'd be all over that though, I love her. :wub:

• Members

EXCELLENT question. :D It makes me wonder though about what she might try her hand at acting-wise after AMC. Too bad Nip/Tuck's been cancelled, she would have been perfect for a guest spot now that AMC's in L.A. But I think she just might dress down for an Oscar baity role in an Indie flick if ever such an opportunity came up. "Johnny, it's Nay-Nay. Well have you got any? Crack! What else? Johnny please, Johnny I'll... I'll su..." /"ANNNNNND THANK YOU for comin' in Miss Lucci, we'll let you know!" :P

• Members

I don't see La Lucci in a lead role in a film either. I could see her doing a really strong supporting role.

Stranger things have happened, indeed, and the Oscars like to award "comebacks" and "unorthodox" performances and performers. Positive word of mouth and generating buzz for your work goes a long way in securing an Oscar nod.

Here's the interview with Lee Daniels:

• Members

Exactly. In order for Looch to be mentioned (without laughter), she'd have to build up "indie cred" first, and give an amazing performance in some straight-to-Sundance picture that would make the entire film industry sit up and take notice. And while I'm the last one to poo-pooh anyone's acting skills, somehow, I can't see Susan Lucci as a white-trash grandmother raising her three grandkids while working at a roadside diner in Arizona, being romanced by Dennis Hopper or Peter Fonda.

Archived