AMC: Friday, 2/05/10

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, so I caved, and watched the whole show for the first time in like, 4 years.

LB is fantastic. That felt like the old AMC.

I don't know if this is going to make sense, but it so smooth. Things just seemed to roll together. Maybe it was the fact that David was pretty much the center of the show (it could be anyone really), but I remember AMC back in the day being like that.

I love how RB is playing Greenlee. She's more then a little cracked, IMO. But it's amusing as hell. I actually wonder if they'll end up going some kind of pill addiction with her. (I still think Rylee is end game, so I'm not getting attached to David/Greenlee like the rest of you). David is so wonderful with Greenlee, that's my David. I've missed him.

Jake is a clown. Ugh. Krystal is useless. Though, I love Opal and the tea leafs. LOL

I LOVED that AMC brought up Erica/Dimitri. After David, he was my favorite pairing for her. David's casual mention of Erica stabbing Dimitri was PERFECT.

Of course you all know my favorite scene/s. ;) That last look they shared almost killed me. :wub:

When I took a break from my dissertation to watch the entire show, on a friends suggestion, I thought it would be like normal, and I'd get through a few seconds and want to scream "Where the hell is my show?" I didn't. I was captivated. I never thought I would feel that again.

• Members

Uh, oh! Dilemma! Who wrote the cliched, cheesy, wonderful cliffhanger, then? Pratt or Broderick? Let's not stop there! Let's start picking and choosing lines of dialogue! "Ooh! There was a Dimitri mention!" Oops. I guess we've already started to do that, too.

May I have the audacity of arrogance to say, remember this post:

I can't wait until Lorraine Broderick appears in the credits. I can picture it now. Everything is going swimmingly for about two or three weeks because Lorraine Broderick is solely responsible for everything based on the fact that she was head writer 13 years ago -- and it has nothing to do with any of the other members on the writing staff... And then it happens! *GASP* A character, scene or story beat is less than enjoyable. "Ugh! That Frons!" And then another one happens several weeks later! "Ugh! They're setting up for show killer Kreizman!" Swajeski will somehow be absolved; she might even be used as the scapegoat for anything good just so no one can give credit to Kreizman. They "hacks" label will be bandied about, AMC's death will be predicted by a certain clueless fan of Zendall who believes everything they read and blames everything on Frons... and any good scenes we experience will be due to Agnes Nixon's 102 year old behind ghost writing. ATWT and GL fans will come and gloat "we told you so" when it comes to Kreizman and wish AMC's death upon us -- still bitter about their soaps on another network being canceled before AMC.

Yes! Just what we need! Another sextet! <_<

LMAO!! Says the fan of Tad & Krystal and Jake & Amanda. Serial cheaters club! You're getting your 100% block of cheaters confused. David has yet to cheat on a woman.

The damage was done when McTavish had David side against Bianca in the baby switch to help an ungrateful daughter who would later dismiss him. As much as I like their dynamic, I don't want Erica and David back together again for that reason. As much as I find Erica's grudges to be useless, I really wish she'd hang on to a little bit of integrity and remember the severity of what was done to "her daughter Bianca." This newfound "friendship" with Krystal (which, hopefully, was only due to the whole trip to Kenya story and will remain there) is a travesty.

• Members

Yeah, pretty much. MMT got rid of any chances for AMC to ever play that card again, at least romantically. Which is fine by me. I'd rather they just interact every few months, have some great chemistry filled scenes, forget the other exists and go on with life in PV, lather rinse repeat.

• Members

I figured you must have when I saw your banner! Its awesome by the way. I loved that quote you have in it too. Susan plays Erica so differently when she is with David. Its really adult. I love it.

It should only get better from here on in.....and it has felt like it. I mean I've been guilty of saying this a few times over the past 4 or 5 years.... but this time is different. The feel of the show has changed overnight. Its a very positive change.

It makes total sense, Kylie. I've been feeling the same way. One scene blends into another perfectly, and the scenes are longer... Greenlee and David's scene yesterday when she got down on one knee was really.

Yeah, it is so hard not to get attatched though. When you have two actors with as much talent as Rebecca and Vincent..... and when they possess chemistry that has been waiting to pop for 8 years now, you can't help get swept up by them. I've wanted this for so long, now I have it. I am not naive, I fully expect some sort of Rylee coming our way, but if David and Greenlee become really popular... ABC might not have much of a choice to develop them more. Rebecca Budig is playing Greenlee how she did back in 2001-2002, the height of the character for me. Its wonderful. Since 2002, these shades of the character have popped up every now and again, but it didn't last. This time I think its hear to stay.

I thought how David mentioned it was very smooth and pure David as he knew Erica was sugarcoating her relationship with him. It was very nice to see.

I am glad you did and glad you enjoyed it. Will you keep going to see the "wedding"?

• Members

Thanks. Haha, it's been 5 months since AMC gave me something to work with, and I was itching to play with Photoshop. Besides, it's after 6PM on my side of the world, so I wasn't that quick. LOL

I thought there was a little...I don't know, but after that look she tossed him on her way out, I wasn't completely convinced she didn't want to put those feminine wiles to a true test. ;) They were so awesome. Best since the "Finders Fee" scenes in 2005.

I freely admit that it was so nice to make it through more then a few seconds/minutes without wondering why I even still cared. LB did good.

I haven't felt that kinda of fluidity since the baby swap. It wasn't like jumping from plot point to plot point to sell [!@#$%^&*] that didn't matter to the rest of the storylines.

I'll probably watch the wedding, but I don't know about watching after that. I don't have any kind of emotional connection to these characters anymore (even Erica)so there's not a real *desire* to watch. Plus, by the time the clips are online somewhere where I can get past all that "you are outside the U.S." copyright crap, it's pretty late. I kinda feel like I can tune in every now and then, when I need the distraction and not feel the same sense of dread and apprehension that I have for the past few years.

Archived