HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

I heard that as well! God, embarassed to say this, but I didn't think he could get any sexier. And he did.

Here's a funny "article" on it: http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/06/sean-bean-stabbed-in-bar-fight-orders-another-drink.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+TwitchEverything+(Twitch:+Everything)

As for episode 9... wow. Too bad we couldn't see the fighting, but the twists were great: The arranged marriages for Aryan and Robb, capturing Jaime, Dany's labor, Drogo's life in danger. And the ending... wow, so wonderfully, greatly done. I kept thinking it can't be, he'll be saved, but no! Just wow.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Osha finally combed her hair! Thank you, God. I love that she has become part of the Stark household and is protective of Bran.

Tyrion as hand of the King is going to be great. I can't wait, although part of me wishes he was safe away from that little monster. How I wish that Sansa had pushed him off that tower. Damn the hound for stopping her. I'm so glad that Sansa is getting tougher.

Dany's scenes were good too. I was worried about how that scene with the dragons would come across on TV, but I thought it was good.

I cannot believe Cersei is screwing Lancel. That poor boy. She'll eat him alive.

• Members

I think it was the witch's death ("only death pays for life") plus the fire. Remember Dany had instinctively kept the eggs near fire and put one on that brazier. Some part of her thought understood that dragons are born from fire, but she was still sort of young and innocent. She didn't know yet that life only comes through blood and pain.

• Members

I honestly don't understand why we spent 10 weeks with Drogo. His speech a few weeks back was pretty cool and I was all set to watch him kill people and make the kids slaves and all, and that's it? he just dies?

Anyway, I like how Robb is now the OtherKing, he sure has come a long away from glorified extra #2. I think he is my favorite of the Starks.

• Members

There be dragons! Great ending. Dany definitely knew what was going to happen when she went into the fire unlike her protector. I felt bad for the healer. She never lied to Dany. It was unfair that she was the one sacrificed for the dragons to be born.

Tyrion as Hand will be very entertaining. I expect lots more slaps are in Joffery's future. He is such a mean little boy. The Hound realized what Sansa was going to push Joffery of the edge. He must care for her because he saved her from certain death.

Ah, my beautiful Jon Snow is heading beyond the wall. I hope he makes it back alive.

• Members

Drogo was just a catalyst for Dany to come into her own.

I didn't feel especially sorry for the witch. The Dothraki destroyed her life and people, so she took some revenge on Dany. That was understandable, but she took revenge on the wrong person. She may not have lied, but she certainly didn't tell Dany the truth either. After the way she made a point of telling Dany her baby had been deformed and enjoyed it, I was ready for her to die screaming.

One of the other kings you mean. :lol: Renley has declared himself King and Stannis has done the same. Everyone and his brother is a king right now, with a Queen coming their way with dragons. And as Osha keeps telling people, they are all marching the wrong way.

Edited by Juliajms