HBO: Game of Thrones

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Episode 6 was another good one. I actually felt sorry for Viserys, even though I know he had it coming. He always seemed like the weak bully on the playground who would run crying the second someone stood up to him. Not the psycho bully who could and would throw down for real. You could see that he lost Dany's love when he threatened her baby though. She was simply done with him.

I liked the way Dany's people seem to love her now. You could just tell that everyone was rooting for her to keep the horse heart down.

Sensa is one of the characters I like least. She almost deserves Joffery, almost. It was a cute little family scene when Ned and Arya got a smile out of Sansa saying she didn't want someone brave and gentle, she wanted Joff. :lol:

• Members

I just saw Episode 6... Loved it, as always. I see Robert so differently now that he revealed his backstory with the woman he loved. I had forgotten that scene in the first episode, where he visited her tomb. His behavior is still very reprehensible but I understand him more and, really, that's all one can ask for.

The way Tyrion handled the situation was sublime and very funny. Man, does he rock. :lol:

The Joffrey/Sansa story has got me very intrigued because you know sh*t is going down... I just can't figure out exactly what.

What happened with Ned/The Mountain is interesting. Can't wait to see where they go with that. Also wondering what they're going to do with that woman that they didn't kill, the one who tried to kidnap Bran.

OMG Ned's realization that Joffrey isn't Robert's real son! Now it makes sense why the bastards were being tracked down by Arryn. Maybe he was looking for a replacement heir, the Lannisters found out and got rid of him.

Daenery's story continues to be my favorite and to evolve ever so greatly. Loved it when she touched the dragon egg and didn't burn and how she managed to keep that heart down. Disgusting, but fun! Nice how Viserys finally lost it. Such a stupid move but I knew it was going to get tasty as soon as he staggered into that tent. Nobody messes with that sexy man, Khal :lol: That ending was amazing, cliffhanger stuff... and Daenerys's realization that he wasn't a dragon.

Can't wait for the next episode!

• Members

No. bastards don't count in the line of succession. The heir in line after Robert is now his older brother Stannis and then younger Renly. John Arryn was hunting down Robert's other children because he wanted to see if black haired Robert ever fathered a blond haired child. He never did. There was never a blond Baratheon as far back as that liniage book went either. And of course, Cersei's first little boy had dark hair.

I liked how you could tell everyone was rooting for Dany. There was such a look of sympathy on everyone's face when it seemed like she wretched that heart up (even Viserys, I thought). Then she pulled it off. Viserys was a bully, but that was such a brutal death.

I think having Bran's wolf missing from the Wilding attack was a glaring omission. That wolf wouldn't have left his side. I've read the breed of dog they are using are hard to train and they didn't have a lot of time for this season.

Tyrion was awesome as always.

I have mixed feelings on Sansa. Sometimes I hate her. Like when she rejected her father's gift. Yes, she's too old for dolls, but that means she's old enough to consider other people's feelings.

• Members

I just watched all six episodes and the show is great. I am bad with the names but I love the way the guy who is built like a tree dealt with the evil blond wannabe king.

I can't stand the King. He is so without manners and crude, and everyone else has some sort of style, even the bad guys. I am not sure about the fat coward on the wall. We haven't seen him in a couple of episodes but I am starting to think the bastard is the King's son (black hair) with the dead Stark sister and Stark just brought him home to raise him to keep him a secret. I can't think of why else he would be a major character while his brothers are not. The fat cowardly guy is probably an assassin.

So the prince is the incest child of the queen and her brother and not an actual heir to the throne. The brother with the shaved chest and knight boyfriend might be a nice guy but I don't see these two rising to the crown.

I am unclear who the english speaking confidante of the blonde sister princess/wife of the warrior guy is. Everyone seems to know him but I don't quite make the connection as to how these people know him.

This is all speculation. I haven't read back through this thread in case of spoilers.

• Members

He is Sir Jorah Mormont. Ned Stark was going to execute him for selling slaves, but he fled. He's selling Dany out to Robert in order to get a pardon, so he can come back to Westeros. His father is the Lord Commander on the wall. I think you can tell that Jorah has sort of fallen for dany. I think she's won him over more than he expected.

Here is a link to the veiwer's guide:

http://viewers-guide...!/guide/houses/

which makes it a lot easier to keep the characters straight. I cannot wait for this next episode.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

I'm going to lay out the clues so far as to who I think Jon's mother is. I'll put this in spoilers, even though it isn't known for sure, even in the books at this point. Don't read this unless you want to know one of the major theories among book viewers. I'm only going to use clues we've seen on the show though: