HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

I think that's why I put off reading the book until after Season 1 was over. Once you've read them, you get into this whole "Oh, this didn't happen, or this happened THIS way and why hasn't this character shown up????!!!???" etc etc etc. Those are all valid questions, mind you, but the episodes might be perfectly great and still not enjoyed as much (or even at all) because of constant comparisons.

I can't wait! I'm sure it'll be great!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think so. Unless that guy just missed totally. :lol:

One thing I will say is you can see the limits of TV this episode. Had this been a movie we would have been treated to epic war scenes. On TV it all happened off camera. That was a bit of a disappointment because they had discussed the battle so much.

• Members

Ugh. That was so harsh. Ned finally betrays his honor for Sansa and he dies anyway. My only joy is knowing that Cersei, Pyrcell and Varys were horrified at Joff's decision. You could see them flipping out and trying to change that little psychos mind all to know avail. If only Cersei knew that Robb holds Jaime, she would have been freaking out even more.

I was so glad that Ned managed to tell Yoren where Arya was. I was glad Ned got to see her before she died and knew that she had a chance of being saved.

God, I love Tyrion. He is my favorite character. Lord Tywin is a complete SOB, but the actor is perfect.

Yeah, i think that's going to be an ongoing problem unfortunately. It's a weakness that involves time as much as money I think.

I liked the way that Maester Aemon was revelaed to be a Targaryen. I felt bad for Dany tonight. She is really screwed.

• Members

I think my favorite character is now Rob, the oldest Stark son, whatever his name is. He has really stepped up the last couple of weeks and it looks like he is going to be the new hero of the show. I have to admit I love Joffrey, the little [!@#$%^&*] that he is. He just makes me laugh. And I love his mother and she gets all the best scenes I think.

I watch this show completely unspoiled, don't even see previews for the next episode, so everything is a surprise to me. I notice when the imp was with the girl playing the game of fire she didn't burn, so I wonder if she somehow is a sister of Khaleesi who had her hair dyed black to keep her hidden and safe.

Oh, and here is a list of GoT's emmy submissions

Interesting they consider Cersei a Lead, but Kate amd Dany supporting roles.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

Great episode. Farewell Ned. He dug his own grave with his bad judgement. He should have taken up Renly's offer. At least, Ned knew that one of his daughters was saved.

Sean Bean was excellent in Ned's final scenes. I hope that Peter Dinklage wins an Emmy. I have been a fan of his work since I saw The Station Agent.

I love how Robb tricked the Lannisters and captured Jamie. The poor Starks, they will be devastated to learn of Ned's death. My sweet Jon Snow.

Poor Dany. She and Drogo are done for.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

All I've seen is that there is a very good response to the episode, will watch it soon! Absolutely cannot wait!!!

Btw, I think LH's in the Lead Actress category because, let's face it, her chances of getting an Emmy in that category are much bigger than the other two. After all, she has been absolutely breathtaking in the part!