HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

I think they've been extremely inclusive and forward-thinking of late and in their upcoming film slate, but I think acting shocked that Doctor Strange and Iron Fist are still white, or that Marvel is actually using Peter Parker before Miles Morales after years of waiting to get their hands on Spider-Man is just asking to be angry for anger's sake.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought it was most likely because of their snafu last season where they leaked 4 episodes with their HBO GO launch.

I think by now everyone knows that Jon Snow isn't dead (or at least he isn't going to stay that way).

Edited by Skin

• Members

That trailer reminded me that last year I saw a great film, Force Majeure, that starred Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantbane). It took me awhile when watching the film to place where I had previously seen him. When it clicked, it was so strange seeing him in street clothes, and looking pretty hot as a result. Watching the upcoming season and contrasting both images of him is going to be strange, nonetheless. Still, go watch the film everyone.

• Members

I've been meaning to sit down and watch Force Majeure for a year - soon.

I didn't care for the cover which I know will drive Carl up the wall, but it looks fun for the most part. I'm glad to see Davos still in the thick of it. I hope Margaery doesn't get converted. And I'm always Team Bran.

• Members

It's so typical of the current trend of emo covers of classic pop tunes - and another example of why GoT will likely end up as dated as the Hunger Games movies quickly became - but it wasn't that bad until that godawful nasal singing. I guess at least they didn't reuse that heinous "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" cover that was on the episode where Jaime lost a hand. 

My thoughts as follows: 

- How much was the budget cut if they still have to use a Carol Brady wig for Cersei

- At least they showed Theon

- At least they showed one scene of Melisandre with her clothes on 

- Oh yay, Arya and Tyrion. 

• Members

I'm started to get really excited about the new season. It looks like the Khal who found Dani is taking her back to the Dosh Khaleen. Pretty sure I saw a glimpse of the horse statue from Vaes Dothrak.   Also looked like Jorah found something of Dani's, so he's probably tracking her.

The voice over that says "He is dead" must be in reference to Stannis. Interesting to see the Red Woman losing faith. Like Skin, I'm assuming that Jon will come back to life. I figured it would be Melisandre who would bring him back, but now I wonder if it happens another way.