AMC: Tuesday, January 5, 2010

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aidan :(

The stuff with Maria reacting to Julia's death is what soaps used to be good at; emotional resonance. When you have people get upset and deal with tragedies like a normal person would, then you get more material and you get more reaction out of viewers. The way they killed Maria off was so crass, and ultimately pointless, as with so many other deaths over the past decade. Perhaps having Maria back for that grief means they are now going to take death more seriously for people who are not named Babe.

• Members

I think that sentiment is exactly how several of us on this board are feeling these days.

Add me to the list of those who were skeptical about the documentary idea at first, but wow, it really worked well. I loved that every era of AMC was represented (clips of Phoebe!) and Agnes had me tearing up at the end.

• Members

I was not thrilled with this. Some actual clips would have been better, and as someone who doesn't watch these days but did tune in for the anniversary I think I would have rather seen some actual clips over these people talking over them.

Ruth Martin. Lee Meriwether, I appreciate your filling in as Catwoman, your role on Barnaby Jones, how beautiful you were/are, what a show business trooper you are...but I wanted to see a Mary Fickett clip. You are Ruth now and I am happy to see Joe and Ruth, but it would not have killed the show to throw in an original Ruth clip the way they made sure to work Phoebe, Mona and Myrtle in.

There was so much time devoted to Annie (whoever that is), Babe, JR, Ryan and people I don't even know who they are, but I would have preferred to see people from the last 40 years. This was ok, but compared to the previous anniversary retrospectives, it comes up woefully short.

• Members

The episode was great, very well edited. I was so disappointed at first that it would be like this, but it turned out really well.

My favorite parts were any time they had an interview with Lily! I like this character and want her back on AMC. I like how she stayed true to character, I miss her a lot on AMC..

I hate that they used Amanda Baker Babe clips >.> I did not like her at all as Babe

When they showed the Stuart clips, they used the same flashbacks they used for his funeral, in the SAME sequence. Pretty lame...they could have used different ones!

Maria breaking down over Julia's death was so unexpected, it was a powerful scene.

Greg kind of looked like a hired assassin a little bit, LOL.

Loved when Palmer said Adam was like a snake, he eats his young..LOL

I was surprised to see Zendall there. I gasped when they just randomly came onto my screen! Wasn't expecting that. It was great seeing them, I miss them already

Where did Hayley find everyone? I wonder if that will be explained???

The RyICKa pimping was vomit-inducing. What a sad, sad joke.

David was awesome :lol:

It was a fantastic episode overall, wish there was more to it. I want Lily, Maria, and Brooke to come back after seeing that!

• Members

Twenty-two minutes in and I'm mush. Wonderful. Only KWAK, Babe, and Marissa make me want to hurl.

I loved Erica remembering all her husbands and saying that she loved them all at the time.

Adam not remembering his wives is hysterical. He only loved Annie, in his dreams.

Angie and Jesse are wonderful as are Jake and Amanda.

Shannon Kane (Natalia) is a beauty. Trust ABC to waste her.

Archived