2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looking back, B&E gave David Kreizman's career a huge boost by promoting him to the GL writing team from a lowly production position. Had they not done so he probably never would have progressed much beyond that production position. B&E kept Donna Swajeski employed for 5 years, first at Guiding Light and then Port Charles. We know JHC loves B&E. As does Frons. So it seems like it was the ideal mix of people in all the critical positions for B&E to get back in.

How were their scripts at OLTL?

I've always wondered what B&E's status was with the show after the strike, because the writing improved quite a bit (IMO at least) starting in March (e.g. Carmen/Erica) all the way through May sweeps (Angie and Jesse's wedding culminating with the Kathy reveal was some of the best AMC I have ever seen), but they were never quoted by the magazines at all after the strike. Still, RPG said Carruthers introduced him to B&E in the writer's room when he had his studio tour, and I remember Bobbie Eakes saying she talked to B&E the week before they were fired, so they must have still been there in some capacity.

David and Donna are reminding me alot of B&E: their writing isn't especially offensive and destructive (at least compared to McTavish and Pratt), and they're trying to rebuild that sense of community, but it's so boring.

• Members

I think the main problem at AMC continues to be JHC, and Frons.

B&E are tired and their run was tired but I don't think they can do much to hurt the show. Maybe they can do something about the poor writing for Jesse and Angie and Frankie.

• Members

With all the focus here on the quality of individual scriptwriters, they must have some sort of say, at least in characterization for those episodes.

I know:

but I'm just going on all the interest on the writers of the daily episodes. I guess I'm just hoping for some sort of improvement...

Archived