• Administrator

Thanks!

Now was it:

Jean Passanante

Lloyd Gold

or

Jean Passanante

Lloyd Gold

When Kreizman/JP were in the credits, there wasn't a space, right?

ATWT

- David Kreizman last listed as Co-Head Writer on June 4

- Lloyd Gold first listed as Co-Head Writer on June 7

• Members

Just watched both shows today and noticed a big difference in the writing. I thought Tom's writing was just awful. Way too choppy! Susan's writing today flowed smoothly and had a great dialogue. Tom just suck period...lol

• Members

As sheilaforever mentioned months ago, Casiello's episodes tend to be horribly executed character-wise and just flat as hell, more so than a lot of the usual crap other breakdown writers contribute to on the show. The hearts of the characters tend not to exist, and they are just blur together in some strange way. It all feels very generic and tries too hard to be something it isn't.

He and the dreadful Lisa Connor tended to write really glaring episodes the last time I consistently watched. I know Connor is off to AMC now, and I haven't seen her work there yet, so I can't judge on that.

And don't even get me started on the few scripts Casiello wrote for Y&R in the beginning.

Remember the script he wrote where he had Katherine fuckin' Chancellor saying "crap" like "Cut the crap!" Anyone who watched the show for years would know Kay never and doesn't talk like that, even when she's deliriously drunk.

I'm glad they haven't given him any or many scripts since, he's really awful as a scriptwriter.

Then again, Y&R just may not be his show. Remember the interview he did with Toups where he basically admitted as much? Not that anyone else on that writing team is doing much more superior work, mind you.

• Members

Exactly. Y&R has really sh!tty day to day writing, no need on anyone singling out the ones worse than average...

Oh, and how could I forget that cliched twit Amanda Beall? You want to see jarring? Watch an episode she writers with the veteran characters, she really should only be writing for teens and kids, or preferably, not at all.

I no longer watch the show, so I can't accurately track the progress of writer x, y, znd z, anymore though...

• Members

WIN.

Also, my comment had another point: who the hell cares about Tom Casiello anymore? Why is he relevant? Who is Tom Casiello anyway?! I'm not annoyed nor irritated, I'm just bored by the constant mentioning of that person. WTF?! Will that ever stop? He is so yesteryear and it's become tediously tiresome to talk about him. Why? Because everything that was supposed to be said was said.

Archived