2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He directed today too. Which is sort of strange considering that Angela Tessinari directed Friday's episode. Maybe the episodes were shot out of order? Maybe the show wanted to team the strongest director with the strongest script writer (Kate Hall). :unsure:

• Members

Considering one episode is shot out of sequence and across several days, I don't know how AMC can actually credit a director. Seems like each episode would be shot by multiple directors (I think they credit the director who directs the majority of the scenes in a given episode).

• Administrator

Apparently, David Levinson got the final episode - he probably gave it to himself since he assigns the scripts. If it was up to me, I would've chosen Susan Danbsy (11 straight years) or Penelope Koechl (13 years, from 1987-1999). Oh well, I guess the guy who's been with ATWT for 4 years gets the last episode.

• Members

:lol:

And in other news, David Levinson has just been added to the Black List! by the Writers Observers©®™ 'mafia'. Not only did he not choose the right person for the job thus and thus gave a nice, big, fat slap to ATWT fans, he chose himself! :lol:

• Administrator

Y&R:

- Lisa Connor last listed as Script Writer on March 25

- Jackson Warner last listed as Writers Assistant on April 16

- Julie Mitchell last listed as Story Coordinator on April 16

- Julie Mitchell first listed as Assistant to Executive Producer on April 21

- Michael Montgomery first listed as Script & Story Coordinator on April 21

• 2 weeks later...

Archived