2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know how much is down to network interference or whatnot, but I think the Carlivati honeymoon period ended long ago.

He started off strong, but then again, so do most HW's before they sink. A lot of the problems on the show are seemingly distinctively Carlivati traits too.

• Members

What's all this churn and drama about Passanante returning? I told you all in this thread weeks ago that she was returning...this is NO surprise. The industry is dead....the insiders are keeping friends and lovers employed for the duration...She may be crazy but she was a nice lady when I met her...and she was on a small panel with Mary Munisteri and Claire Labine and some chick who had just gotten a writing gig on Y&R (I think Sandra Weintraub). Passanante looked like Dr. Freud next to Labine who is absolutely "lay on the couch" "take your meds" crazy....what a gal...that Labine is...Munisteri looked like Labine light....soft spoken but had the potential to be Val from Knots Landing. I liked JP the best, most professional, most articulate without being a narcissist (Labine loved to hear herself talk). JP may have changed by why trash her? There are some cool writers in the industry who get slammed for decisions beyond their control. I'm not saying JP can save OLTL but RC is OVERRATED...he's Dave Kreizman with a smart producer, a bigger budget and ABC demos....If RC were on a P&G soap he would have been torn apart as a hack. He has written about three consistent months of solid story in each year he's been HW. Most of the show is a hot mess. I'm sure he's a good guy, but the network interference plus his own creative impulses have not helped OLTL.

Look at all the hacks at DOOL right now and it's doing well (even though the last two weeks of March were downright laughable (ala Kreizman/Hurst GL days).

Let's see if JP can stabalize OLTL.

I think Lloyd Gold might go to Y&R. Rauch really likes him and has hired him twice (OLTL and GL) and Y&R desperately needs a male scriptwriter.

• Members

Wow, I've missed her on ATWT. She is old school ATWT. I am glad she is coming for the finale.

As for David Smilow....ugh...wish it was someone from ATWT old school like Richard Backus....Juliet Law Packer...etc....

• Members
Well, I wouldn't call it "hatred" in the strong sense, really. But I shouldn't say too much. Wouldn't want to OFFEND those who fall for his "one of us" stuff.

At least Goutman will get rid of the gratuitous semi-nudity and smut.

Archived