2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Starting to appear? :lol:

Nevertheless, starting to appear or have been there the whole time, some people will force themselves to be blind to the cracks.

Notice how hardly anyone at all has mentioned how incredibly out of character it is for Adam damn Chandler to have sired a male child and never made an effort to bring him into the Chandler Dynasty for the last 20 years.. and Pratt's name is nowhere near this plot "twist."

• Members

You're right, although there was some discussion of it in the spoiler thread when the news was announced. I think it's a dumb idea (I'd rather have seen Ross and his family return). I guess we're just waiting to see. I don't think that Pratt's ideas were always bad -- Scott's return wasn't a bad idea. Even bringing in Marissa wasn't a bad idea. The execution was more of the problem. If they mess up the execution again then it will be a letdown.

• Members

Well who was Adam cheating on at the time of this kid's conception? We can rationalize it by guilt and the scandaliciousness of an illegitimate whitino child (not like Adam's one to care too much about what others think of him ;) ).

• Members

I see. Good question then. I'm assuming that it'll turn out to have been the mother's choice, and out of whatever "love" or respect Adam had for her, he let it go and just financially supported his child. I wonder if there will be any racial/cultural implications. I guess we'll see...

• Members

My problem with it was Opal, a newly ex-Cortlandt, was a rich woman, living in a sprawling estate and was best friends with diva Erica Kane... and Marian, a newlywed Chandler, was embarrassed by her due to fear of disapproval of a few old dayplayer bitties? It just seemed like a very immature story for women of a certain age who were connected to the two powerful families in town.

I'm calm. :)

• Members

My problem with the story was it barely seemed to be about Marian, and was more like a lame device to have an obstacle for Scott/Becca and make her push Greenlee towards Scott. I liked the end of the story, where Marian refused to be ashamed of Stuart and turned her back on the snobs, but the rest I didn't care about.

• Administrator

Finally caught up on B&B.....

B&B:

- Elizabeth Snyder last listed as Associate Head Writer on February 26

I guessed I should've spilled her exit for February teasers instead of March, eh. :lol:

Archived