2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gordon Rayfield to OLTL...hmmmm...i'm still predicting that Passanante will be named co-headwriter...There's no way after the ratings free fall this last six months, the bloodbath etc. that Carlivati's going this alone....Passanante got her start on OLTL. I've met her. She's very smart, loves soaps and is very well respected. So, if K/S can get hired at AMC, I'm almost certain JP will end up at OLTL. Good, I think RC is highly overrated.

• Members

It really puzzles me why Frons is determined to fill the behind the scenes rosters of his shows with these cancellation rejects..... I expect Goutman will be in the ABC family again soon as well. Jean going back to OLTL is probably going to happen... I wonder if Ron would be forced out completely? Or maybe bumped back down to being an AHW?

• Members

I think there is universal agreement that Rayfield was horrid as headwriter of AMC (which may or may not have been his fault), but what do people think of him as a staff writer? Are his ATWT scripts any good (although I'm guessing he's going to be a AHW at OLTL, replacing Fred Johnson?)?

• Members

Gordon Rayfield was awful as solo HW, but I felt when Anna came aboard things improved heavily.... but I think alot of what I hated about that era on the show can be traced back to Brian Frons.... AMC completely transformed itself in that period between Culiton and McTavish returning... it was unrecognizable to me.

Archived