2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Weren't Kreizman, Swajeksi and Johnson all on the GL writing team at the same time, back when Johnson bolted from McTavish's AMC in '98?

AMC would be so lucky to have Johnson back. But that will probably never happen. And I can't shake the feeling the Broderick won't be sticking around either.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Couple o' points:

1). Lorraine absolutely is NOT fond of Megan McTavish.

2). Julia Barr is absolutely NOT fond of McTavish, either. This goes back to McTavish's second stint (1998). She did not like the writing for Brooke at all during her time there. I'll always remember when Culliton was fired, there were rumors that McTavish was on her way back, months before she actually returned. Julia had a fan event during this time, and one of the Barr Association members asked her if McTavish was coming back. Julia just gave a look of disgust, and said "I would hope not."

3). Courtney was well-liked among the AMC writing staff. I think that when they were short writers, they decided to call her up because she's had experience with the show and she's very easy to work with. She was happy to help out her friends (B&E fired her, remember). She's not like her aunt. And Lorraine, et. al are adults--they won't discriminate against a writer because of their blood ties.

4). JHC does have a lot of hiring power among the production/writing staff, as evidenced by the last 7 years (she's hired loooots of friends!)--and heck, most of the AMC: LA new crew has some sort of history with her from GH or PC.

• Members

This is BEYOND shocking. It's disturbing. According to Johnson's bio, Bill Bell gave him his first job in soaps. His talent must've been evident for Mr. Bell to take him on and personally train him (he started out as a Story Consultant!) After five years at Y&R, Johnson left to work with Agnes Nixon for ten years at AMC. He's been writing for daytime for a total of 22 years. According to Toups, his reputation is stellar, he's well-liked and well-respected by his peers. So what possible reason would Ron Carlivati have for booting him out the door? Ron got rid of Fran Myers, Michelle Poteet Lizanti, Janet Iacobuzio, Carolyn Culliton (among others), now Frederick Johnson. Are we starting to see a pattern here? Do exceptionally talented people threaten Ron to the point where he has to get rid of them? And why is ABC allowing this? This is very disheartening news, another indication that the inmates are running the asylum.

• Members

TOUPS:

You have listed Carolyn Culliton for Feb 22 script but in the Episode Writer Archive, you have her husband listed for 2/22 episode.

You have Amanda Beall writing one script in Feb but she's not included in February tally...

just thought I'd mention it.

Archived