2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She joined AMC as Co-HW with Nixon and Elizabeth Page in June 1999. I believe it around the end of 2000 she took over as sole HW and then Culiton wouldn't come in until the next fall.

It was BAD.... this is the lady that had Gillian killed in order to give Laura English a heart.

• Members

how DARE you try to place any blame for anything not wonderful and perfect on Nixon.

Nixon, Bell, Marland. They all had faults too and bad stories and bad characters and whatnot. It always amuses me when people act as if they are perfection. better than what we have? Sure. Great HW's who did wonderful things and were brilliant? Without a doubt. Perfect? No.

• Members

That's the whole reason why it happens though. When you had good writers who wrote consistent material for years, you can overlook some of their flaws, even as you admit their mistakes. When you have disastrous writing regimes that continually produce crap and have done it on several shows, those people are never going to be well-liked.

The TPTB and certain people on Twitter just use the current negativity of fans on message boards to cover their asses and their lack of creativity and talent. If they wrote a more consistent show and didn't intentionally try to write against the grain of many of these shows, maybe people would be more accepting. It's pretty lame to blame fans for their negativity when they themselves know they're writing crap and living in denial about it. Especially when many of these same people come and read the same message boards they claim are "too negative" and even steal ideas off them.

• Members

I'm sorry. You're right. Every. Single. Decision that was made story-wise by Agnes was perfection. Creative and original. 1999's Greenlee/Becca/Scott triangle was TOTALLY not a complete rip off of 1970's Erica/Tara/Phil triangle.

The story of Marian Colby trying to social climb in her damn 60's? Genius!

Forgive me. Everything Agnes Nixon even shits is pure gold! The same as Lorraine Broderick's work. Yeah, we've been dealing with the same two stories for the last four weeks -- but it's brilliant work! She single handedly wrote every last word!

• Members

Actually, I'm referring to this part of his post (emphasis added):

"Nixon, Bell, Marland. They all had faults too and bad stories and bad characters and whatnot. It always amuses me when people act as if they are perfection. better than what we have? Sure. Great HW's who did wonderful things and were brilliant? Without a doubt. Perfect? No."

Archived