SOAPnet Sets All Time High Viewing Records in Prime-time in 2009

• Members

Initially, when I read the SoapNet press release, I was impressed by OLTL and AMC's increases, then I realized that these are not weekly numbers. Even with increases, these annual numbers are not good, especially when compared to weekly ratings for OLTL and AMC. Take AMC for example. It had its lowest 18 to 49 women demo during the week Dec 14 to 18 which was 625,000. Every week in 2009 on SoapNet, AMC averaged 4,000 in this demo. This isn't good. I can't imagine how SoapNet is even making profit off those numbers even if ABC letting SoapNet air them for free or a nominal fee. SoapNet's other newer reality and syndicated programming must be doing very well and carrying the daily soap repeats. SoapNet's problem is that it reaches a very small percentage of homes and is viewed by even fewer people.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How much does it cost to air AFV? Not much? With a soap, theres a whole cast, crew, writing staff, producers, etc... to pay. Its just not cost effective to just think they could easily stick it in there when AFV is a MUCH cheaper option for that network

• Members

Well for shows like L&O and NCIS that are on PT and in syndication, the reruns have actually done well and have helped the actually show's draw more viewers. This is not happening with these shows.

Maybe if rather than show repeats of the day, they should show repeats of popular storylines of each show in the evening, which might encourage people to tune into the shows during the day.

Archived