ATWT Tribute Thread

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The thing was, Fulton was never really backburnered. She was on constantly and they actually built a family around her. I think she was upset over the fact that they declawed Lisa so much, but she was still always on...even more so then Bob or Kim at that time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's a July 1984 clip with Heather Dalton and her father. I'd never seen her father. It's a shame they couldn't do more with Heather, Tonya Pinkins has such a warm presence. This also has Lucinda's assistant, Beverly, who was interested in Heather's boyfriend Tucker. Tucker seemed to be written out the next year, in favor of Roy Franklin. So Jane wasn't around at this time? Beverly was the original Jane? Beverly is styled a bit like Petriona Paley.

There's also a good clip where Kim busts John's chops, then supports him. I miss their relationship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_paCC2J9-w&feature=related

• Members

The one thing about the 1980's and ATWT was that so many great actors came and left with quick speed. It was as if the show was always looking for that next great thing, a break away star, and this lead to the show having a bloated cast. I almost feel like TPTB were looking for a new direction for the show and, when one idea didn't work, story was dropped and something new began. I know all soaps have done this but ATWT seemed to do it more.

Imagaine if TPTB had just focused on building up famiies on canvus? For example, done things to make the Stewarts and Hughes families more solid. Also, I still miss the McColl's and think dropping them was a mistake. Chris Lablanc would be the star of ATWT right now.

• Members

I'm surprised I've never come across this 1961 centering on Ellen wanting to get her baby back from the Stewarts before.

It just reinforces my belief that Pat Bruder was given a raw deal with the extreme SORASing of Dan and Paul (and later Dee and Annie). Imagine all of the great storylines Ellen could have been given throughout the late 70s and the 80s.

• Members

LOL..she had the damn bun hairdo for twenty years!!!! Though Lisa and Ellen should have been the Erica and Brooke of ATWT. I thought at the time that HF went away do a play and they had David get amnesia with that Cynthia woman, he should have had an affair with Lisa instead! That would have been a great storyline!