HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Sylph

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Am loving this show more and more every week. I am loving how more and more layers of the respective characters are peeled back every week to get the viewer more familiar with them while the story is being pregressively told. It is still kept cohesive I love the acting and the costumes as well. Well written dialogue too...

• Members

lol Why did I think of the character two face from the batman comic? But there is something awesomely intriguing about this character. I loved his conversation with Jimmy and the awkwardness of it yet how comfortably it was inter-played between both characters. Jimmy's comfortability with him made me get more comfortable with him well acted and excellent scenes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm watching this show because I can't resist a show set in the 20's, but I don't love it either. Nucky and Jimmy are really the only characters that I find likable. I'm relieved that Nucky isn't the same sort of likable sociopath as Tony Soprano. I spent the first couple of episodes bracing myself for Nucky to do spiteful, cruel things just because he could. It's refreshing that he doesn't. Still, there aren't enough people on this show that I care about and if it wasn't set in an interesting time and place, I probably wouldn't watch.

Archived