Nelson Branco Vs B&B's Hunter Tylo: Round 2

• Members

That was low. He caused a lot of fans to grieve over that one. Which just goes to prove that while he does have some gossip you can't really trust what he says unless he really spells it right out for you. And even then it's best to have confirmation.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would explain the clear mania that occasionally appears. I actually worry about NB some times. Because he really does show love for the genre--passion, actually -- that is largely unrivalled elsewhere. But there is this self-destructive "rant" mode that is occasionally manic.

From a strictly psychological perspective, the length of some of his columns (and brevity of others) bespeaks a "cycling". And he has (several times) in his interviews spoken about how he (NB) has never gotten over grieving the death of his partner.

I actually believe NB has much to contribute to daytime--his passion and ability to generate buzz are pretty much unrivalled at this point. Therefore, I want him to be well and -- temperate.

• Members

I totall agreed--and let the record stand if you go back to olde rposts I used to always stand up for him. But the man needs a good editor--or even, s others have said, a place to report news with SOME warranted opinion (tvguide.ca) and then maybe a blog. It doesn't even have to be anonymous--just differentiate them somehow.

• Members

Exactly, but for reasons that are probably financially appealing to TVGC, they can get both in one form... NB provides a Perez Hilton-like column that is news mixed wth snarky commentary. And that's troubling (if it's even that deep, you might ask, yet it is because the last thing soaps need these days is to be dismissed as an inconsequential fluff medium).

• Members

but won't actually give other people credit for anything in his column.

I'm more trying to figure out where his "boycott" on covering AMC went, cause I was looking forward to him not covering my show.

What's the most sad is that guys like him and DC have become the voices of daytime press, which does nothing for having anyone take daytime seriously.

• Members

*claps* Thank you!

I just don't get why people continue to give NB attention? It's what he wants. As long as he knows people are gonna discuss his column, he'll be around dragging people through the mud. IMO his column is the equivalent of something we would read about in the Enquirer

Same here

Archived