OLTL not going to HD next year

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What the FRENCH, FRONS!?!ABC?!

I'm not a OLTL fan by any means, but sh!t, a move to HD would greatly benefit that show, the ABC Daytime Lineup(Frons could tout to the press that his daytime lineup is the only one in HD), and it would get SOAPnet closer to launching an HD sister network.

• Members

HD can also help with international sales. Note the big push that Freemantle and AgnesNixon.com are making for international sales of AMC. But not OLTL. Hmmmmmmm.

I don't believe Soapnet will ever go HD...not until it is rebranded in a few years.

No, that is incorrect.

The Walt Disney Corporation has plenty of money to invest in plenty of things--even in a down economy.

Disney CHOOSES not to invest in HD for OLTL. And that is, as NB has said, quite meaningful.

Couple this with (1) not moving to LA, (2) NB's rumors, and (3) ABCD's clear non-denial of NB's rumors ("the only move that OLTL is making..."), and the writing is so clearly on the wall it is engraved hieroglyphic.

Such a shame....

• Members

I just don't get it. Is there some wacked out business model I'm not aware of, one that makes the ragged treatment of OLTL acceptable? There was a thread posted somewhere on this board stating that OLTL is the most profitable ABC soap, and another thread that stated that OLTL was the big ratings winner on SoapNet.

Why is there so little re-investment in this show? It's MAKING money. It's bringing in viewers. It's like living in some backwards universe.

Archived