AMC: Monday, 10.5.2009

• Members

Anyways, first of all, Tad goes back and forth scoring major points and immediately getting them deducted from me.

I am soooo glad he called Krystal out on her bull. I mean, I can't say I'm surprised... or even took pause... when the skankiest whore of all time tried to get Tad to see how seducing David was a good way to help Amanda. But, it's still refreshing to see Tad call her out on that crap. In one breath, she's talking about "let's get back together!" and in the next she's talking about her brilliant plan of seduction.

Also, while he was at it, I'm sooooooooooo glad he chewed Jake the hell out about his stupid plans digging everyone deeper into holes they're having a hell of a time trying to get out of, the latest revelation being the whole Bailey/Liza/Stuart situation. I mean, it's ridiculous. Jake is not smart. Jake is a whiny, inept, ineffectual little shifty eyed weasel. And I am so glad that Tad hit him where it hurt -- saying that when it comes to keeping babies from their parents, he can't tell Jake and David apart! Oooooh, that was harsh -- and I'm happy Tad kept his balls and said that even though it was low, he's not taking that comment back!

Jake scratch moded! :P

Jake is like Larry Appleton from Perfect Strangers.

Larry: Balki, I have -- a plan!!

Balki: Oh, God! :rolleyes:

But then he got those cool points deducted immediately when he stuck his nose into the Liza/Bailey situation. I wish everyone in that stupid House Hypocrisy Built which seems to house every single Martin cast off known to man would QUIT INJECTING THEMSELVES INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S BUSINESS!! Tad and Krystal is somehow Opal's business. Jake and Amanda somehow turned into All About Krystal. Tad's always interfering in Liza's business ever since the Adam and Liza days... this whole thing with Jake/David/Amanda started when Jake demanded to know why she cashed a check from David last year...

Darnell Williams... I'm thisclose to being sooo over Jesse. The writing sucks for this character as well as Darnell's obnoxious portrayal. Maybe when the show goes out to LA, they can get that deliciously cute Bill Christian back as Original Recipe Derek and have him strike up a love affair with Angie... you know. After Jesse dies an unexpected Death by Eye Bugging! Seriously. Watch today's show. I'm dying to know which Amos N Andy school of drama this dude went to... so I can sue 'em.

Ugh. Madison's father. I did have to laugh, however, at him getting exacerbated that yet another Hubbard was coming out of the woodwork in the hospital.

Moving on... It was a refreshingly Zendall/Lavery-free day today!

And don't the writers know that we all know Soap Opera 101: You Automatically Know What Happens When You See Characters In A Car!

The girl playing this Bailey chick is very good for a day player.

I'm done for now... Discuss for yourselves.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree it was refreshingly Zendall-free and Lavery-free. I felt it.

I agree with most everything you said.

A couple of differences--

Darnell's acting tics didn't really jump out badly for me this episode (though I agree with your general criticism of his "style" taking you out of the drama).

Bailey? I was liking her at first, she's very an attractive girl and expressive, seemed very confident of her lines and how they were to be delivered but as her convo with Liza went on I found her eye lines distracting (was she reading cue cards or getting face time). There was a lot of avoidance of eye contact but it almost seemed purposeful. Maybe she's inexperienced (didn't seem it) or maybe got a bad prompt for where to focus offscreen. Mileage always varies on these things.

Loved, loved Angie and Madison's scenes. Frankie and Madison too. Love 'em. Even got a little kick out of Randi noticing Frankie noticing Madison.

The car wreck was so telegraphed but fun in ways with her presenting that key just as it happens.

I am enjoying MEK's performances of late. Tad as the Voice of The People is working for me now. It hadn't in the past (and yes hypocrisy is always an issue in PV), I am just feeling more in MEK's performances. His talk with Opal, his scenes with KWAK and Jake (even if the content or dialogue hasn't been the best).

This is one of the reasons I believe it's okay that Tad went over to talk to Liza because of their long history and also because Tad was directly involved in and kept secrets for the baby switching scheme. He is definitely accountable for what he says once he meets up with Liza.

I enjoyed today overall.

• Members

Jake has gotten SUPER annoying

I was hating Angie's weave today. Someone needs to do something about that hair.

I think Madison's redemption started today. As for as her dad. What a mean thing to say! "She's never suceeded at anything, not even suicide" I didnt feel for her before but I felt bad after that comment

Loving Bailey so far. Really liking the actress. I hope she stays. Wouldnt mind seeing a Bailey/Petey/Colby triangle

• Members

I like how Pratt is proceeding with Madison's redemption. Her father is horrible. No wonder she is a mess. Madison and Frankie better get together eventually. He is wasted on Randi. There is much more story with Frankie and Madison going forward.

Archived