Y&R: New SOD!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I somehow agree. The Victor dominance always annoyed the heck out of me. Not to mention how ridiculous his hunk status is these days. This man is even older than the average of Y&R viewers, yet he is DA MAN and saves Nikki from evil mob etc. :rolleyes:

But his !@#$%^&*]ing in the press is hilarious. I side with CRC. Keep it coming, Eric. If he gets a weekly column or so, my subscription for SOD is out in the mail... :D

• Members

I don't think Eric Braden wants to hog all the screentime. He just wants a storyline. Jeez!

Yeah, the guy's a diva. No doubt about it.

But whenever Bill Bell was alive, there was lots of Victor, but there was lots of other characters to balance him out.

IMO, without Victor, there is no Y&R.

• Members

But Victor hasn't been on for sometime now and the show has survived. When Victor takes his annual vacation, coincedentally the ratings rise.

Boo hoo! LoL! He wants a storyline all to himself where he is in power and control, blah, blah, blah. It pisses me off because poor Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overdue for a storyline, and EB is !@#$%^&*]ing. If he is unhappy with his role on Y&R, he should go talk to TPTB. Dude needs to STFU! Jack needs a NEW competitor and Nick and Victoria don't cut it!

• Members

WTG, Bree! Very well said!

Eric Braeden may be considered the top star of Y&R. I don't mind him, that much, but his arrogance and attitude drive me insane. I hate how he and others feel they should be the star. A soap is an ENSEMBLE!

Y&R can survive without Braeden, IMO. Just like GH could survive (and did, briefly) without Maurice Benard. They are so overrated it's ridiculous. Both mumble and fumble through their lines. Braeden is ten times better than Benard, though. At least when given the material, Braeden can shine, IMO.

Melody Thomas Scott, on the other hand, NEEDS a story. At least this anti-aging cream, or whatever, story with Phyllis is a step in the right direction.

• Members

Well perhaps Eric wasn't just simply referring to himself? A LOT of vets are being pushed aside for this dumb Sheila story. I know I'd rather watch Victor & Nikki, Jill and Kay much more.

I love that Eric speaks his mind. At least someone's saying something about the crappy writing the show's had of late.

• Members

This whole thing with Eric Braden reminds me of what goes on in the sports world and with the interviews the athletes give. The media ask questions and they are bored when they get canned & formula answers ie. we gotta play better next but are upset when an athlete or celebrity actually dares to say how or what they really feel.

• Members

That's what I like about him. He's candid, real, and honest. You never get a sense that he's censoring what he says. Although I don't always agree with him, I find his views on topics as varied as world affairs, Hollywood, the show, Victor Newman, and Eric Braeden to be interesting.

LOL! I just remembered his Daytime Emmy flub. LOL!

Archived