Proposed Soaps Over The Years

• Members

It's a shame none of those other primetime soaps seems to make it past the pilot stage. I really wish the one starring Joan Crawford had been picked up. I believe it was called Della and the pilot is available.

Here's the unaired pilot for Della also known as Royal Bay, the 1964 primetime soap starring Joan Crawford.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder why they didn't pick it up. She's a huge name and it really doesn't seem like a bad show. Very Dynasty. The 80s would never have passed up on a soap daytime or primetime starring someone as big as Crawford. It's a shame Bette Davis got stuck with Hotel when she got into the game and of course the show was so bad she refused to return after the pilot.

• Members

Speaking of Joan and eighties primetime soaps, Mommie Dearest has always looked and felt very much like an eighties primetime soap, or at least TV movie, to me. The acting, and the glamour of the sets and costumes are right on point. The scene where she's in the white robe and turban on the huge chaise lounge after she's just vaporized Christina's "babies" is just what I imagine Faye's Sable Colby would have been like.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived