Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Patti was trying to play the fan game that Zimmer and Newman were so adept at.  She started her own website and she got the Suzz fans (as they called themselves and believe it or not there were people into the those two..probably not many but Patti was trying her best to create a Jeva...) going nuts, even sending her kids gifts..it was incredibly inappropriate. Anyway, on a message board people were complaining about Jeva's airtime and the dumb strorylines..(remember, these were the days where Kim and Robert were off for two days in a row they complained about being back burnered..) Patti, trying to cur favor or just thinking she was helping jumped in and started to argue with the posters...(as if Kimmer ever needed ANYONE to fight her battles... and she always knew people bitching were people talking) eventually telling someone to "BITE me,'' which apparently helped to lead to her firing or at least she was out of the good graces of Rauch and Madd and no one stopped Labine from writing her out.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wasn't Beth in the Sampson girl contest?  She had always loved Beth likens daughter so maybe that was the reason?

In the 80s, Jeva were front and center...but so were other characters and stories.  By 1998, only Jeva got airtime..and any other character that got airtime always tied back to Reva.  

• Members

Michael Zaslow Tribute On Next Week's Locher Room!!! 

Please tune in to The Locher Room on Friday, March 19th at 4 p.m. EST for a very special tribute to one of the most beloved and talented actors to ever hit our daytime television screens, Michael Zaslow. Michael's daughter Marika will join us along with his Guiding Light co-stars Maureen Garrett (Holly Thorpe), Fiona Hutchison (Jenna Bradshaw), Liz Keifer (Blake Thorpe), Kimberley Simms (Mindy Lewis) and Sherry Stringfield (Blake Thorpe)

• Members

Excited to see Sherri too!!

Re: D’Arbanville drama. I was glad Selena’s lost Santos spawn never popped up(as the show did another Santos member at that time). I thought I had something on the Bite Me mess but this was the closest I had from 10/30/2000 SoapNews:

• Members

@Paul Raven, I'm trying to recall this correctly, since both things happened in the same year - I think Lynne Adams decided she wanted to leave the show, so Leslie Bauer was killed off. I think the Dobsons decided to kill off Joe Werner to free up Sara on the canvas (because they were going to pair her with Justin Marler), so Anthony was written out. I might have that backwards?