AMC: Tuesday, September 8, 2009

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched live -- well, semi-watched. Oxygen is doing another Top Model marathon today so that caught my attention more.

I missed who wrote the script. Whoever it was, even if it was Cohen or Hall, the script was weak.

Erica's now best friends with Krystal all because they went to Kenya? :rolleyes: I've bitched for years that I wish Erica would get herself more female friends and quit being such a 15 year old... having her only girl friends be non-threats Opal and Myrtle. But this is ridiculous.

• Members

It is ridiculous but there have been so many repaired aka forced relationships on this show that don't make sense. Like the other day I was watching an old episode of Tad and Dixie getting married. (I don't remember which one.) But Gloria was her maid of honor. And that slut had slept with Craig Lawson, Dixie's husband. But then again, Dixie's brother raped her so I guess it was even.

There have been some other far fetched ones I can't recall right now. But yes, I don't want Erica and Krystal to become bosom buddies.

• Members

Chip Hayes wrote the script.

Was this the first episode they taped after they were told AMC is going to LA? haha --- Everyone was so sad and down! Aside from the storylines, you could just tell there was a major sadness across the board. Not to mention the Erica dialogue that totally spoke to the whole moving thing. I thought it was Susan Lucci telling herself that she should be fortunate to still have a career and sometimes things get hard, but she has a job she's paid to do and she can't complain...and people take an hour out of their day to watch her, etc etc. It was so weird - but spoke completely to their situation!

• Members

I also thought there was a sad subtext to Erica's speech. Unfortunately, it felt to me like TIIC were telling us viewers that our once consistently funny show is gone as long as they're in power, but I might have been reading into it.

Erica/Krystal is completely different than Dixie/Gloria. Dixie forgave Gloria and grew to like her over a prolonged period of time, as opposed to Erica suddenly becoming close to her former foe after one trip abroad.

Is it bad that the one part of the show I found entertaining was Frankie/Madison?

• Members

Saying goodbye? :rolleyes: This was shot before anyone found out about the relocation! What was there for her to be saying goodbye about?! Susan Lucci, herself, they were in the middle of taping the dance marathon that hasn't even aired yet when they got the news. Can we at least wait until that fact shows up before we begin concocting conspiracy theories and coded messages in bits of dialogue and performances?

Or am I asking too much. :unsure:

• Members

And I gave mine. This is a discussion board -- not a monologue board. I'm entitled to express my thoughts on whatever I read in here. Especially when I see misleading comments made about something that goes against the facts that have already been told. And since we're suggesting things, if you don't like people commenting or disagreeing with your opinion, maybe you should stick to expressing facts. It's difficult to argue with those.

Archived