Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I disagree. As Paul Raven points out, from Mary Stuart's BOTH OF ME, Jo went backburner or supporting for long stretches of time. Patti and Eunice vied for heroine status as well. Add Janet at times, and then adult Liza (the leading lady until Sherry Mathis left), as well as Sunny, Suzi and Wendy--well, let's face it: Jo was Mary Worth from about 1975 on. Sad but true. She didn't drive the show. Nor should she have. Although I loved Mary Stuart, her Jo was nowhere near as feisty, snarky or interesting as her Meta on GL. And Mary at, say, 60 was not Susan Lucci at 60, still sexing it up and romancing a plethora of men. Jo should have been more important, with more of her family members (Patti, Suzi, Eunice, Bruce, Sarah, Chris, Stacey, etc.) on the show at the same time (or not killed off). But her character wouldn't have driven story, although she could've been an important part of stories.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I believe Val Dufour's get-up was a publicity photo from a play, movie, or guest shot from a primetime series. It was not a scene from SFT.

Connie was a spoiler in the budding romance of Stu and Ellie. Stu met her while on holiday in California. They were both contestants on a cheesy game show. Connie followed him back to Henderson and took over Ellie's job at the Hartford House for a while.

Dr. Clare Newman was Karen Dehner's psychiatrist at the sanitarium where Clay Collins was employed.

Dr. Adam Luria was the oncologist who prepared Steve Kaslo's bone marrow transplant during his first bout with leukemia in 1976.

Edited by saynotoursoap

• 4 weeks later...