B&B: Week of August 31, 2009

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The current Beth Logan, who looks old enough to be Brooke's sister, and not Stephanie's college contemporary, is taking me COMPLETELY out of this storyline.

Yes, early-onset Alzheimer's can set in in the mid-50s. When that happens, the course is usually rapid...much more destructive and rapid than late life dementia. But I'm not getting that from Beth, who has been fairly stable for better part of a year (since she resurfaced after Storm's death).

Had they brought back another Beth (most ideally, Marla Adams), the show would have been ideally poised to tell a real and moving dementia story. Of course, then Larry Hagman would have been better cast as Stephen Logan than Patrick Duffy... Sigh.

At this point, I am hoping for a B&B patented miracle cure. "Oops, it not dementia...but a rare virus...or a pseudo-dementia brought on by depression [which can happen]"...or something like that. I don't care about this Beth, and I do not want her as a regular member of the canvas. But I just don't want to get ground down in the despair of this story, especially since I do not buy this story for this young-ish woman.

• Members

Good point. Riker isn't cutting it for me as well. I can understand some of her acting choices which do fit the story. BUT this Beth is unrelatable. She got thrown in a horridly written story and we got not ties to her. They did never try to establish her as the Logan matriarch (this had been ridiculous either way with her youth and red hair...) which is really sad because it is a original character who had decade long signature portrayer in form of Nancy Burnett. For the current story however temp-Beth Marla Adams would have indeed been fierce. She would have slapped the crap out of Stephanie last week and would also be able to show the fragility of Beth due to Alzheimers.

BTW, I really like Patrick Duffy as Stephen Sr. and find him a perfect catch for the lushed up Logans of the 2000s.

• Members

Okay, so I think everyone is tired of Brooke and Ridge.

But that meeting on the beach was....epic. Cheesetastic classic the likes of which I have actually NEVER seen on daytime.

- I called the rebuild of the destiny-westiny heart

- I called that Brooke would show up on the beach

- I even called (kind of joking, but it turned out to be real) the slo-mo running together on the beach

- I called that Ridge would croak out "Logan" (but that was an easy one).

The only thing I called that DID NOT come to pass was the manner of Brooke's arrival. I was CERTAIN she'd gallop in on her horse. CERTAIN. Alas... That was the only missing element for me from otherwise PERFECT PERFECT cheese.

I think there is a place for such "fromage" on daytime, and Bridge is it.

I'm also hoping that it is "done" now...for good...and that Ridge and Brooke can move into being the anchoring matriarch and patriarch. B&B really needs that.

My sole regret is for Taylor. I don't like a sad, unbalanced Taylor. I like a stable Taylor who lives a principled life and is a dispenser of good advice. On B&B, however, not being in a love story is a kiss of death. I'd say "marry her to Thorne and make them the second matriarch and patriarch", but B&B has NO need for that.

So I do really feel...to preserve the character's dignity...that she should leave LA and go start fresh with her father Jack or something.

• Members

I'm confused.

What's up with Jackie's hair? Is that a wig pulled back with her real hair in the front?

And Taylor's... even though it's better than the Brillo pad that was on her head a few years ago, it's like one box of L'Oreal went in the crown and another at the ends.

• Members

Lesley Anne Down only wears wigs. They are 100% synthetic. NONE of the hair that you see is real, and none of it is her own. I'm guessing this might also have helped her conceal any possible after effects of her cancer surgery last year.

She has them arrayed on mannequin heads in her dressing room. She owns them. When they get too mussed up or smelly, she takes them home, washes them, and hangs them up to dry. She does her own hair and makeup.

This info comes from a number of different articles over the years.

• Members

Hey B&B fans! Congrats on the show's Emmy win!!

I have a question for the die hards! I caught a bit of today's show and I see that Brooke and Ridge are together. Yet, I recall that a few weeks ago there was promotion about Ridge and Taylor's wedding.

So, my question is: How many times has Ridge been married to Brooke and how many times has he been married to Taylor. Oh and a bonus question: How many children does he have with each?

Thanks in advance for the info! :)

• Members

LOL! I actually was going to remark at how I rolled my eyes at the "EPIC" reunion. That exact word came to mind, too. I was hoping for Brooke and Whip and for Ronn Moss to decide to retire or something, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen, so I guess if they have to get back together, then yes, they need to keep them together.

BadZoe, you just wrong for that avatar. LOL! "I now pronounce you Husband and ... HORSE!" I think Brad Bell gets his jollies off of messing with Hunter Tylo. What made that line worse and more cruel, to me anyway, was how much of an over-reaction the reverend had. You'd think Brooke was going to ride the horse right up into the beach house and gallop right over the reverend or something. LOL! And then look at how many times Brooke has rubbed it in every chance she got.

I would love to see Taylor move on and have a real relationship with another man. I'm sick of these ladies pining over Ridge.

Stuffy! LMAO!

Archived